4 Replies - 3639 Views - Last Post: 23 January 2008 - 02:29 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How do I send text to child windows?

Post icon  Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

How do I send text to a child window? I want to press a button and it sends the text. I am trying to store all of my CD-keys for my games in a program and then send the text to the boxes in the appropriate areas for each game. I have everything done but I can't figure out how to send the key's to the child windows. Can someone give me an example for starcraft, here are the window names and other things I found with Spy++.

Parent Window:
Caption: Starcraft Setup
Class: BlizzardSetup
Style: 1CCA0000

Child Window:
Caption: Starcraft - CD-Key.
Class: #32770 (Dialog)
Style: 94C800C4

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How do I send text to child windows?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How do I send text to child windows?

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:42 AM

Did I understand right, you want to send some text from your OWN made program to the client window of Starcraft installer? If this is so I think it's not possible... I think you would need to know some kind of "hook" to the right field inside the Starcraft installer code to succeed in this. Or can this somehow be done by messing directly with memory?

Couln't you just copy the CD key with the button press and paste it manually? OK, I may be way off with this, being beginner and all, so maybe somebody knows how to help you - and add my knowledge in the process also!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Banned
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

Yeah, this can be done directly in memory, but it's not something that we would normally discuss in these forums. If you have some problem or issue within some code that you've written we can attempt to help you if you are even close to being on the right track, unless it falls under unethical programming. See the forum rules for more information.

This post has been edited by tody4me: 11 January 2008 - 10:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Sorry, I did not know it isn't aloud to discuss hooking programs. Nor did I know that I would need to, thank you for you help I will see what I can find out. To mclang, yes I could copy and paste the code because I have all my cd-keys in notepad but I want to be able to just press a button to send it without making a mistake (I'm lazy).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:29 AM

View Posttody4me, on 11 Jan, 2008 - 10:48 AM, said:

Yeah, this can be done directly in memory, but it's not something that we would normally discuss in these forums. If you have some problem or issue within some code that you've written we can attempt to help you if you are even close to being on the right track, unless it falls under unethical programming. See the forum rules for more information.

What bad is in discussing programs which affect memory directly - or is it the possibility to do bad things? How about hooks? I, by the way, don't know if "hook" is the right word for the thing I mean...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1