2 Replies - 1029 Views - Last Post: 02 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Web Proxy Host Required

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

Members,

I am looking for recommendations on a web proxy server (php script) and a suitable and trusty proxy server host.

My Web Proxy Server Requirements are as follows. The webhost:
Needs to allow remote connections to mysql, provide large capped or unmetered bandwidth so I get no surprise bills.

Needs to provide measures for me to prevent my proxy users to view or download illegal materials.

Needs to provide banning features such as: ip banning, ip range banning, country banning, isp banning, domain banning, url banning, keywords in url or content banning, file type banning, banned words filtering, user banning, usage metering & monitoring features for the proxy service.

You may forward any suitable companies to this thread.

Regards

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Web Proxy Host Required

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web Proxy Host Required

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

View Postsleep_in_code, on 15 July 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

Needs to provide measures for me to prevent my proxy users to view or download illegal materials.

No idea. Best of luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Web Proxy Host Required

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:48 AM

Cant help you, but just to give you information about banning...
Banning is ok, except IP banning and IP range.
Usually peoples blocking IP range for period of time, like 24h, because of attacks, so they block IP range (like from 50.X.X.X to 100.X.X.X) if attackers are in that range, disabling whole that region, so if they like to stress it, let it be, peoples from their region will have problems because of neighbor.
But banning IP is bad idea, because 99% of peoples have dynamic IP, it means each family gets new IP every 24h. So, if i do something bad to you, you can block my IP, i can restart router to get new one, or i will get new IP next day, it means IP you block will tomorrow be someone elses IP, of innocent peoples, who wont be able to connect to your server. With time, you will end up blocking good peoples who didnt do anything.

Edit: In other way, its easier to block all, except approved users.

This post has been edited by Radius Nightly: 02 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1