• (3 Pages)
  • +

36 Replies - 5186 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: File upload doesnt caching...

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:29 AM

The content type of the request doesn't matter, only the response matters. When the browser sends a content type of application/x-www-form-urlencoded that only means it is submitting a form (specifically, a form without a file upload). I don't see how that applies at all when you're trying to download a zip file. You can end up downloading a file after submitting a form, but the content type of the request shouldn't affect how the browser handles the response.

but could that be the problem?

If something is intercepting your traffic in any way and has the ability to modify the traffic, then yes that could be the problem. That sounds like a pretty major security problem if you're subjecting yourself to potential man-in-the-middle attacks.

If this is affected by the size of the file, it sounds like things are configured in a really weird way. Have you been messing around with all of the configuration options and changing things without understanding what they're doing? Have you tried just reinstalling the server and progressively making changes only when you know what you're changing and why you need to change it, and testing? Your confusion over what FastCGI is makes me think that you might not understand everything you're doing, so if you're making a bunch of configuration changes without really understanding what you're changing and why, then weird things might happen.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:35 AM

I just test it again, in mean time i did nothing.
ZIP of 2.16MB works fine, below that (tested with 1.87MB and 763KB ZIP) giving warning. Probably downloading ZIP smaller then 2MB got this problem ATM, and i didnt change anything. Under 10MB to under 8MB, to 2MB, i didnt even touch server, so maybe its true that this problem will go by itself. Google wants his users to contact them in this kind of issue, so they fix it, probably nothing to do with a server, but with security of a web-browser or so.

I dont think MITM are possible, server forcing SSL and wont work with HTTP, i deal with that long time ago, i think there are some headers for something like that kind of stuff.

No, i usually keep all setting at default, before changing something i need, i change it because i know what its doing, if i dont, i check documentations, Google it, find examples or so, until i understand what that option are for, if i dont get it, i wont use it.
While reading i may see some option that im gonna need it. On Google i can find lots of things, but sometimes they are wrong or poor.
For example, to isolate some folder from public, all peoples using "location folder {deny all; return 404;}" or similar shits, instead of command for that (its in documentation, but no one read), like "location folder {internal;}". And usually i get problems due to bugs.
For example File Caching of 5min lock files forever, not only 5min, and they cannot be deleted/edited (problem for FTP), Unlocker can unlock it and delete it, but then Nginx for example starts doing random things, like mixing virtual hosts or so, and locking files forever with file cache are not considered as a bug.
Problems that appear from mixing lots of options i solve by eliminating. For example File Cache locking files from/to FastCGI or Proxy making all kind of errors and problem chains, and you would never blame caching.

So i trust my configuration, except reading, i also test each config on all kind of things (you know, like programming, you write a little code, then test it on 10 possible situations), but sometimes testing or finding a problem may take lots of time, and some problems simply doesnt have a source of a problem on server or something that i can understand (eg. this warning on ZIP downloads), so in this chases its faster and better to get information from peoples who have experience, maybe they had same problem before or we will write a solution that will help someone one day.

BTW Im not confused with FastCGI, i know what it is, and difference between PHP, but in some chases where i cant figure out a problem, i have to say wider, like saying FastCGI/PHP means for me FastCGI process, his childs, he handle PHP, possibly problem in PHP code, and not fastcgi.conf for Nginx, because then we would blame Nginx who was not touched (in that time all thats been touched was php.ini thats loaded by FastCGI, so it was wise to first take a look into php.ini and monitor what FastCGI will do).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

I dont think MITM are possible, server forcing SSL and wont work with HTTP, i deal with that long time ago

That's not going to stop MITM if all of your traffic is going through a third party. They could intercept the SSL handshake and replace the certificate with their own, for example, and then decrypt your data, read or change it, encrypt it for the server, and send off the new encrypted data. You asked if a content filtering service could be a problem. Yes, it could be a problem. Is it actually a problem in your case? I don't know.

As far as whether or not you're finding bugs in Nginx, consider that it's used by around 18% of all websites. If there were bugs as severe as what you think, they would be found and fixed. I don't think you're running into Nginx bugs, I think this is something else. Like I said though, I'm not sitting there watching what you're doing, so I don't know what you've done, but I would bet money that these issues you're seeing are not caused by bugs in Nginx.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

Well, there is no more ZIP warnings in web-browsers, and i still didnt do anything. Also, i didnt think its Nginx, but if you think about open file cache locking files, im not the only one, and its for sure by Nginx, nothing else, Nginx take a file, load it, and that file will be in use by Nginx, forever (until you unlock file handles from Nginx, restart Nginx, shut it down, or whatever). Its not a problem for static site without changing it, its not a problem for MySQL, etc., but editing files and deleting them are a problem, because they are in use by Nginx, so we dont use open file cache with Nginx on Windows, thats bad, but i can live without it.

I know it can be a problem, by default we all using ISP DNS, its well knows for problems all around the world, without exception, specially here where i live from my experience, so if you ask me, i will more trust you or anyone else then my ISP DNS, so picking something else is a better way to go. This is what i found on Google https://www.computer...curity-3632790/ with quick search, and im using Comodo for around 5 years now (probably from its beginning), looks like Comodo Parent DNS has been removed from Comodo DNS (it useful for childrens PC and schools), but on link you can read little description, all of them trying to make it safe as possible, while ISP does not.

When i said it block or allows, nothing between, incoming threats are usually blocked, but if i wanna allow potential dangerous things, this is example when accessing the pirate bay (its just little warning for illegal activity, serious sites got way worst info then this one):
http://i.cubeupload.com/o7nTKZ.png
http://i.cubeupload.com/eODcub.png
So i can allow it for limited period, while server cant pick anything, thats why i ask if that can be a problem (you know, maybe Comodo blocking ZIP files), but looks like its not a problem, it comes from the sky and disappear.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

If you're only using third-party DNS, that's not going to be able to hijack all of your traffic (well, I guess it could, but it's easily detectable).

you know, maybe Comodo blocking ZIP files

DNS-based filtering cannot block individual files or URLs, only entire domains.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Main ISP here likes to hijack everything to steal money (such as last infection outbreak, lock PC (just a shit who likes to be on top of everything, disabling Task Manager and similar), ask for money under the police name because of illegal activity to unlock your PC, you pay online to their bank account, it stays locked, and real police cant trace it or find a "hacker", or money, or bank account, sure, right). So i wont trust any ISP DNS, ever, they are known to be bad, but i had lots of bad experience from our main ISP here repairing computers.

I know it can block only domains, but who knows what all kind of protections they are into and how or what they are managing as a protection layers, maybe cloud scan things and how they group it, maybe automatically based on threats detected on scan or whatever may have effect how it reacts to my IP/domain, IDK, was just wondering if its possible, but so far so good ATM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

If that's the case I would suggest using a VPN.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +