11 Replies - 1655 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2002 - 01:47 PM

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

My Turn!

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:35 AM

Hey all,

I just posted my new business site... It's my first business site (for myself) so I appreciate any suggestions.

www.integrityweb.ca

I'm quitting my dayjob in a month and attempting to go 100% freelance. I think I'm going to market myself as a developer to design firms, since they tend to be high on the design and low on the code, and I'm the opposite.

The text will probably evolve as I figure out more what I'm doing :P

Let me know what you think.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My Turn!

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My Turn!

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:48 AM

I really like the layout, and the colors are nice, but the area that contains the content, it's a little small....that's the only gripe i have...other than that, all is well...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:50 AM

oops, i forgot one thing...on the services page, the first 'contact me' link, it goes to a page that's not available...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:51 AM

thanks... yeah... I think it's a little small too... mainly because the bottom arches take up so much space... I'll see what I can do... :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:52 AM

fixed the link! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 11:56 AM

yeah, maybe you could make the arches a little smaller and that will help a little, and i'm thinking (although this may crowd the logo a bit) that perhaps you can move the logo over to the left and then make the box a little wider as well...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 12:14 PM

The problem is that all the sizing is very intentional. The text box is exactly 2/3 the width of the arches, leaving exactly 1/3 space for the logo... It lines up really nicely that way, I think. The arches can't be made smaller except proportionally, which means that while I may gain height for my textbox, I'll lose width... I've stared at it for ages trying to think of a way to make it work without losing my nice spacing... We'll see what happens :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 12:17 PM

hmmm, well knowing all that now, i say, leave it...oh by the way, i'm looking at it in 800X600 resolution, and i must say that I'm very excited that you made it fit that resolution because not even </dream.in.code> fits in that resolution, i have to scroll in all sorts of ways...but not on your site, and i bet the older peoples that have this pitiful resolution (i only have it because i'm at school) will be appreciative of that fact...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 01:14 PM

actually, I am on 800x600 too, so that's why I do it at that size :P

Most pages in dreamincode work for me, except for the odd wide post...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• andydust.com

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 02:33 PM

very original. good colours and nice graphics. yes i too am on 800x600 (well....at the moment anyway) and its nice to see a site that fits :) the only other thing is i dont really feel that the top part flows well into the bottom part. i think possibly the logo should be slightly bigger and aligned with the left edge of the below menu. Much of the bottom part uses big and bold strokes and shapes, i think you should use this somehow with the iframe (i.e. the iframe outline) to increase the consistency throughout the page. just my opinion.
my rating: 7/10
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2002 - 03:43 PM

i dunno, the site doesnt' quite flow to me. you have a restrictive content area. the arches are just kinda there. At 1024x768 resolution, it just looks odd having the arches in the middle of the page when they probably seem better suited to be at the bottom. The logo is nice
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2002 - 01:47 PM

i agree...the logo is solid...but the arches take up too much space and don't really add much and the layout seems crammed

it's cool your thinking of those 800*600 guys out there but why not have your content flow under the links or keep your arch idea and throw it in a frame that hugs to the bottom so those with larger res can see more...its really annoying scrolling copy in such a small viewable area...especially for your portfolio section which is what you want to show off

marlon
tvcola
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1