3 Replies - 783 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Secure Connection Failed

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:15 AM

I got some strange problem after Comodo Anti-Virus update.

After around 12 hours, HTTPS contents are unable to load. One of network services started acting strange, draining 100% CPU. I didnt see what service, its XP POS9, but i was guessing there are a problem with Anti-Virus, so i turn it off to see what will happen. No more crazy network service.

After around 24h, Nginx was unable to connect to some FastCGI processes, returning 502 error, so i increased timeouts for FastCGI. There is no more 502 errors. I return to my previous settings, still no 502...

After 48 hours more, same thing happened, HTTPS content are unable to load, trying to download a file reveal error: Secure Connection Failed
Advance option are not available to see whats actually wrong. Web-browser showing valid certificate without any problem.

Nginx continue to serve static content at HTTP without a problem. Access log doesnt showing any sign of strange activity, and error log showing 10055 error: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full) while sending response to client.
BTW RAM usage sits around 40%. Anti-Virus has another update, so i started it back.

And its now happening every 48-72 hours. I tried several things, but no results:
-Disabling SSL Service (its for IIS that i dont have installed, i tough maybe its making some problems)
-Installed Let's Encrypt Certificate to OS
-Changing boot to /3G and /PAE
-Changing TCP/IP settings, timeouts to 60 and 300
-Restored original tcpip.sys file (because it was patched)
-Tried modifying TCP/IP trough RAM to trick it
-Patching TCP/IP system file to handle max. connections: 10, 50, 1024, 4096, 65500 and 16777215 as max.
-Tracking TCP/IP open/close connections, and they are working fine, also closing on request so they dont wait to die. When error appear, there are no half-connections open, and they probably refuse to open or so
-Restarting services does not help, so it has to do something with OS or other software. Sometimes all of them are unable to connect (FTP, MySQL, FastCGI, Nginx, Remote, not even a ping are possible...), but mostly FastCGI processes are only one unable to connect, and SSL always stop working
-Tried locally sitting on connections and flooding bandwidth for 12h to see if i can make this problems, and i cant, didnt have effect
-Log off/on or Restart fix the problem.

Now i will try changing network settings, maybe a driver too, dont have a clue what to try next. Any idea are welcome.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Radius Nightly: 25 November 2017 - 03:42 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Secure Connection Failed

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Secure Connection Failed

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:18 AM

If Comodo is the problem, then remove Comodo and find something else. There's no reason to use a piece of software that breaks your operating system and then trying to fix all the things it broke. Just remove the problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, i removed it right after i made this thread, system service from Comodo has been left behind, and problem still continue (so it was Comodo System Service thats active all the time, even when Comodo are disabled or uninstalled), i removed all Comodo files and this service, and no problems appear in this 2 days.

Now i install Comodo back, update it, configure it, and i add SSL certificates to Comodo trust list (so he is probably not gonna filter or block this SSLs im using, now i will see what its gonna do).

After all i tried, feeling stupid to figure out its little thing in front of my system tray eyes. :hammer:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

After i tried again, excluding and approving everything, turning off anti-virus and sandbox, etc., same thing happened in 12h. I uninstall it and send to Comodo details about this problem.

Now, anything good for replacement?

This is what i need, simple things:
-Cloud Anti-Virus (light and uploading unknown files to AV company is not a problem)
-Good Sandbox (in case anything strange execute to be isolated from the rest)
-Password protection (in chase any intruded try to disable protection or so)
-Free, if possible to try
-No Avast, AVG, Panda, Comodo, Avira, Kaspersky and Chinese like Risen
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1