4 Replies - 259 Views - Last Post: 29 December 2017 - 10:32 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Growth yield calculator

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hi my name is Andrew and I am lost. I last did a diploma in VB5 in 2001 I am not a scholar. I have some experience but I have reached a ceiling. I need to program a calculator that will accept 2 sets of unlimited inputs and get the totals.I then need to multiply one total by 12 and divide the other by the number of additions. I then need to divide the resulting totals by each other and use the final amount as a percentage.

I am fine with most of it and I'll do research to get the coding done. Can someone just help me to get the unlimited inputs part. I am thinking arrays but I need advice not the coding done for me.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Growth yield calculator

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Growth yield calculator

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Do you need to keep track of the individual inputs? If so then a collection - like a 'list' - would do. If not then no collection needed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 29 December 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Do you need to keep track of the individual inputs? If so then a collection - like a 'list' - would do. If not then no collection needed.

The inputs are irrelevant at the moment, other than to be added to get the totals. The problem is that sometimes I need to put in over 500 inputs in each of the averages. At the moment I do the calculations in a spreadsheet and enter the sum totals manually into inputboxes but I am trying to get the application to be independent.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Mkay.. so you are going to enter things in my hand? Read a CSV file? Read a text file?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the advice, I worked it out. I was being stupid. It was a simple matter of creating a hidden label to hold the variable and then keep adding to the variable until the inputs were finished. I appreciate the help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1