1 Replies - 256 Views - Last Post: 17 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Webapp for budgeting and cash-flow management like floatapp or pulseap

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:53 AM

I am new to the forum and for that manner new to coding in general.

I am a financial consultant by trade but am starting to see real opportunities in learning how to code and develop simple webapps for my clients.

My idea is to develop an web based application for budgeting and cash-flow management for small and medium size enterprises for our local market which has its own accounting standards and therefore the already made solutions do not come into play.

Basically I would like to develop an app similar to pulseapp or floatapp. I already have the financial model done in excel but would really benefit from a fully developed webapp.

I have already started to learn python as I researched that it was most appropriate coding language for such solutions. I also learned a bit of django.

My question is am I on the right track regarding the development environment (django/python) and do you maybe know how the above mentioned app are designed (which language or technology is used). Additionally I would kindly ask you for any suggestions on how I would go about learning how to develop such a webapp (tutorials, resources, tips, ideas).

Any help I could get would be much appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Webapp for budgeting and cash-flow management like floatapp or pulseap

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Webapp for budgeting and cash-flow management like floatapp or pulseap

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Well, against popular belief, there are not tutorials for everything that someone wants to do. So, think about what you want to do and piece things together.

Python/ Django are fine for an application. I worked on a very high scaling system using that stack.

The biggest thing is, plan out exactly what you want to do. Then start piecing it together. Django is good in that you can modularize the code to build the pieces you want and the flow will come together because of it.

Good luck on your en devour.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1