3 Replies - 532 Views - Last Post: 07 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Simple tool review

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

I work a 10-7 shift at an outsourced call center and we use Skype for Business as our internal "assist chat", where agents can post questions or problems for Team Leads like myself to answer. Most of our agents use sticky notes or the Notepad on their desktop to keep a "format" for the chat available, since we have to record these questions and them being not in format makes life hard. The issue popped up that everyone stored their format in weird, inconsistent ways, and so I figured I'd spend some of my extra downtime at work building a tool that would automate the formatting of this information.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to our client's database and thus couldn't do anything fancy like auto population, but this is a simple tool that a lot of the agents (and managers) like. What I wanted was opinions on how to improve the code powering it (if there are improvements to be made) and what you might recommend to enhance the design of the tool, specifically for readability and "slick" factor.

I've hosted it on Github Pages, and you can find the tool here. The source code is on the Github repo in the adt-form-tool folder.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Simple tool review

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Simple tool review

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:08 AM

On first blush I would highly advocate stripping a the company name out of it. Plenty of well-intentioned ideas get burned to cinders on that.

have you considered alternative chat options than on a one-to-one IMmer? Slack, hipchat, basecamp, campfire, etc?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:11 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 07 March 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

On first blush I would highly advocate stripping a the company name out of it. Plenty of well-intentioned ideas get burned to cinders on that.

Duly noted, I'll remove it here soon :D

View Postmodi123_1, on 07 March 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

have you considered alternative chat options than on a one-to-one IMmer? Slack, hipchat, basecamp, campfire, etc?

Well, we use Skype for Business which has rooms for that sort of thing. The higher ups look like they've started migrating to Microsoft Teams, but sadly I don't have any say or opinion in that matter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:49 AM

Hmm. I guess I never looked too hard into skype for 'rooms'. Interesting.

As for the tool - looks well enough. A quick way to format for copy/paste.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1