3 Replies - 484 Views - Last Post: 08 March 2018 - 04:22 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Python economics

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

There is a general consensus that python is "The easy language" which is more or less true.* In fact that's one of the reasons i'm trying to learn it and expect to be working in the future with.
Since it's tough as in introduction language, and general is considered of one of the most popular languages there is a danger it will create a large supply of python developers and as result increase job competition, lower wages, etc.

Should I choose to learn another/more-difficult languages because of that?

p.s. I'm not a natural programmer, I'm older fellow, and somewhat brainlet on the path of self-learning and i'm pretty sure i wont make it with C's and other low level languages.

*There is a significant amount of people claiming that python is the simplest(aka easiest right?) language out there.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Python economics

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python economics

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Yes, python is popular and gaining popularity for a number of reasons, not least of which is the relative clarity of expression that it allows, which manifests itself for many people as ease of use. This seems like a good reason to learn the language. After all, if the language is popular, that means that there will be more demand for it as well as more supply. If many smart people choose to use python as a tool for solving problems, that seems to me more supportive of the case that you should also choose python and not so much contrary to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• awks lol ffs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2018 - 12:31 AM

there is a danger it will create a large supply of python developers and as result increase job competition, lower wages, etc.

Do you have any sources for such speculation?

I don't have any immediate sources either. Python is a popular language, particularly encouraged as a first language. But there aren't armies of Python programmers flooding the market, nor about to.

There is always demand for programmers, particularly for good programmers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:22 AM

Yes, as general purpose programming languages go, Python is one of the easiest on the programmer. However, this does not mean that programming is easy!

If you're finding your first foray in programming a challenge, you are not alone. Programming is hard and anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

We have a lot of debate here as to what the best first programming language might be. The fact is, none of us really know, we just have intuitions as to what gives insight or distraction. Most of us, myself included, put Python toward the top of the list, but it really doesn't matter. You are not learning Python, you are learning programming, and no language will do that for you.

Be nice to yourself. Learning to program will take some time. You are learning to think in a certain way. Once you learn enough about programming, any computer language will make a lot more sense.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1