3 Replies - 607 Views - Last Post: 14 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

• 😂😂😂
  • member icon

• View blog

Adding Windows UWP after Creation (XAMARIN Cross-Platform)

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

Hey all,
I checked duckduckgo and before I searched google, I couldn't really figure out how to phrase this so I'm posting here:

do you know if it's possible to add Windows UWP functionality into a cross-platform app AFTER I've already created it? The checkBox is disabled in Visual Studio; and I'm missing the windows UWP workload because it's 10GB and I have to pay per GB with the connection I'm on. I am working on the mobile App for BitChute.com and I want to do some work on it this weekend; but I don't want to start it if I will have to scrap and start from scratch to get windows functionality.

I had a basic tabbedHost template going that was pretty smooth; but it was android only; and I want to use Xamarin for it's hallmark capability (per redpillxamarin.xom).

thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Adding Windows UWP after Creation (XAMARIN Cross-Platform)

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Adding Windows UWP after Creation (XAMARIN Cross-Platform)

Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:03 PM

Typically you would need to UWP Visual Studios add ins to get access that functionality.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

If the goal here is to make a solution now with the just Android and iOS - then later to add UWP when you aren't on a connection that charges by the byte.... Then 'yes'. You can add UWP later down the line. As modi123_1 says, you will need to bring your system up to date by finishing the installation of Visual Studio.

While you are on that free connection (Starbucks anyone?) - I would make a complete off-line installer for Visual Studio. That way you always have it for the next time you realize some part isn't installed. Though personally I always just install EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink. Every workload, every optional component, every everything. Its only an extra 20 gig of drive space or so.
https://docs.microso...f-visual-studio

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 10 March 2018 - 04:24 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• 😂😂😂
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:43 PM

ok ty for the info on adding UWP in later. I think I will make the complete offline installer for it... even with that though I still need to run all of the updates for xamarin and VS2017.. .gunna be expensive. I would starbucks it up but I'm using a desktop computer. I can't afford a laptop lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1