3 Replies - 2666 Views - Last Post: 03 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

What kind of button?

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:48 AM

I'm stuck. I can't decide what style of button to settle on. I'm happy to accept ideas and try things out... here's a screenshot of the context I'm working in...

Posted Image

The button simply leads to the full article. :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What kind of button?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What kind of button?

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:03 AM

The gray wouldn't be bad for a disabled.. but it's a flip on how you want your site to be. The flat looks well, but if you want more web2.0 go with the dark blue.

The no border one looks dumb.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

You are looking for a link, not a button, so I would go for the 4th version, but still add an arrow pointing to the right as it is idiomatic of "read more" links.

People expect buttons to do something interactive within the page, not to redirect to another page, and they may act differently depending on what you chose. Typically, if it's a button, they will left-click on it and expect something to happen, if it's a link and there are other article summaries on the page or other things they want to read, they may choose to middle-click or Control-click to open the full article in a new tab.

It's always good to give your users options and to let them know they have the choice.

Oh, and I would like to add that although I vote for the last option, you should make the link more noticeable. It isn't an "inline generic link", it is a navigation link, so depending on how things are hierarchised in your graphic charter I would give it a bolder look.

This post has been edited by ge∅: 03 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

I have to say button three,

Its more modern...
Was This Post Helpful? 0