2 Replies - 741 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2018 - 05:42 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

WriteLog with TextBox and improving in VB6

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

I'm new to vb6 (sorry it may be a dumb question, many more might come) and I found this line of code below:

WriteLog ("File was found.")

I managed to find out that this code only works with a textbox. In the text of the textbox it's written "(Text)" and it's in the form of combo box. How do I get that kind of textbox?

I would also like to ask any suggestions on how to get better in vb6. So far I have been reading up stuff...such as these links:

Samsvb
Visual Basic 6.0 Example Archive
Freetutes

But does not seem to be going anywhere. Am I doing it not right? It's been like close to 7 months.

Warm regards,
Java

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WriteLog with TextBox and improving in VB6

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: WriteLog with TextBox and improving in VB6

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:40 AM

View PostJavaThoughts, on 10 April 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

I'm new to vb6 (sorry it may be a dumb question, many more might come) and I found this line of code below:

WriteLog ("File was found.")

I managed to find out that this code only works with a textbox. In the text of the textbox it's written "(Text)" and it's in the form of combo box. How do I get that kind of textbox?

I would also like to ask any suggestions on how to get better in vb6. So far I have been reading up stuff...such as these links:

Samsvb
Visual Basic 6.0 Example Archive
Freetutes

But does not seem to be going anywhere. Am I doing it not right? It's been like close to 7 months.

Warm regards,
Java

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Custom Control Freak
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WriteLog with TextBox and improving in VB6

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

Not to be biased but, VB6 is really old and is not supported by Microsoft anymore. I don't think I would spend all my time learning such an outdated VB language. You would be a lot further ahead to learn VB.Net, the modern Visual Basic. You can download and use the Visual Studio Community 2017 version for free. It has VB.Net, C#, and other languages all in one and will not be outdated anytime in the near future. It would be much easier to get help with and find examples for too.

Microsoft Visual Studio Downloads

You can even find older versions of Visual Studio with a little searching if your computer does not meet the requirements for the 2017 version. You can find the free Visual Studio Community 2015 version at the link below.

How to download Visual Studio Community Edition 2015 (not 2017)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1