3 Replies - 501 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Era of Brutality - MMORPG in need of python help!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Hey guys and girls, my first post here... looking for some advice and ideas to help build a massive world that is perfect for gamers. The game starts with 4 main races, each with specific abilities and racial bonuses, each starting area is huge! We need help with python programming too, it is a struggle atm, but we are plowing through!

Game: Era Of Brutality - MMORPG

Mid game progress of production, hoping to release alpha in the coming months.

Screenshots:
http://www.lso-games...a-of-brutality/
https://www.gamerpoduk.co.uk/media
https://www.facebook...04220453120169/

Currently aimed at PC only atm, but might be looking at porting onto console at some point.

In need of some python help, we currently don't have a dedicated python programmer, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Era of Brutality - MMORPG in need of python help!

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Era of Brutality - MMORPG in need of python help!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Thank you!

New to the forum so was unsure where to post :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

So you work in Unity? Why limited only for Python? It support lots of languages, can be combined as usually peoples doing, like FX programmer in one language, UI in another language, small scripts and hotfixes in another one, for example Digital Extremes still using Flash for UI and LUA loops for hotfixes and bug control, and other things are in different language, and so on, so as a team you should be open for other languages that can suit its purpose. I saw many teams falls down looking for only one specific language programmer, because when you lock game project up to one language, you are actually locking your work and limiting very big number of programmers to reach you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1