2 Replies - 986 Views - Last Post: 03 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I have an idea about android app, but i don't know where to start

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:09 AM

I've been trying to plan my android app which is basically like amazon but i don't know what steps are there I should plan separately. I've been googling for answers but it's making me more confused. Because this field seems to be so complex, I'm coming across so many new stuff that I am finding it very difficult to understand what are the basic steps for a startup app. Some say AWS is the best option some say google app engine, some Firebase some parse. Please someone break it down for me so I can plan it well and find the partners accordingly to accomplish my dream app. Pardon my English and my little knowledge. Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I have an idea about android app, but i don't know where to start

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I have an idea about android app, but i don't know where to start

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

You need to breakdown what you are actually asking.

Based on what you said, it looks like you are looking for backend hosting. The answer to that is, it depends. You are going to want something that can scale easily, all of those have that. You are going to want something that can handle the traffic, AWS and Google definitely meet that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I have an idea about android app, but i don't know where to start

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

View Postpscythian, on 03 May 2018 - 04:09 AM, said:

I've been trying to plan my android app which is basically like amazon

... And the Amazon mobile app is a front end client into the Amazon retail business.

So you're saying you want to make an app that connects to your eCommerce sales business. Is that right?

Hire people that make this professionally. Period. Really. Your first project is not going to be an app to do eCommerce or anything that is actually functional. As a new developer your first app with be something that displays "Hello World". After that probably some sort of loan calculator. And moving upward in complexity.

Assume a year to become half proficient in C# and some XAML. Another year or two as a junior developer. Then senior. Assume at about the 5 year mark you should know enough to be an architect of new program projects.

So... Hire someone.

Now of course like all people that know nothing of the software engineering industry your response to that is:
Oh, no way. Not me. This guy doesn't know what I can do. Its just typing. Making software can't be all that hard.
So start here [Xamarin University]. Start with C# 101. Go through the C# track. Then into mobile software planning. You'll be able to follow which tracks to take from there.

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 03 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1