• +

58 Replies - 2849 Views - Last Post: 07 November 2018 - 03:10 AM

#16 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: innovation javascript framework

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

That's always the dilemma.. Open source it, close source it and try to monitize it, or fore go adoption and keep it closed and local.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#17 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

if You want source codes and documentation, that meaning give YOu keys of car.

Yes, that is exactly what developers need. Developers need the keys to the car, we are the drivers. That's what we do. Let's also mention the fact that you're talking about Javascript with jQuery, which is client-side code, meaning that you must provide the source code, we cannot use it at all if you don't give the source code. So we need the code to use it at all, and the next point is documentation. It doesn't do much good to have the code if no one knows how to use it. So if you're not giving the source code, and you're not giving the documentation, then you're not giving people the tools they need to use and the knowledge to know how to use them, so what are you giving people? It doesn't sound like you're giving people very much.

You're using jQuery in your project, right? Well, jQuery is open source, it has extensive documentation, and that's why people use it. I don't know why you think your project is special, but no one is going to even look at it without the tools we need to use it. So do whatever you want to do, but don't act like you're giving people anything if you refuse to provide what anyone needs to use whatever you've made.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

All he is managing to do is a failed attempt to show what he has done. Not wanting to let people use it will do exactly what he is after, no one will use it! It will go down in unremarkable, un-notable history as another failed JS framework.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#19 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

Okay.. okay.. everyone poked the JS squirrel for a good laugh (or as they call it in purgatory "squirrel").
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

All right. Without documentation unusable. Maybe one day, when one company will interesting this framework, and will present opening source codes. If that not happened, I will continue developing, this for me interesting dealing. Sorry!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:28 AM

View Postarto8, on 26 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

All right. Without documentation unusable. Maybe one day, when one company will interesting this framework, and will present opening source codes. If that not happened, I will continue developing, this for me interesting dealing. Sorry!

Dear boys Above in first of lines I already sayed commercial purposess.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Dear poster, you do realize that developers tend to make the say of what gets used, and that would be the dear boys above for our respective companies. Companies have people that work for them. People need to know why something would fix their issue in order to choose it. Since you want to keep your project so guarded, there is no reason to choose yours over the plethora of options that they have used, seen, been told about. They would have to stumble on your project, which is hard when it doesn't really exist anywhere, to even think about its value.

Enjoy your project, just don't think that a company will care near as much as you do about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Wow groovey dude, 2.5K :bananaman:/>

I am sure you are aware that for JS to run, it must be correctly formatted for the parser, and as all Javascript is also human readable, your code is an open book.

What I see in arto8.js is a simple module loader written in old school ES5, which would be cool if it was 2015. But its 2018 and modules are now part of the language fundamentals of modules.

The boat is unfortunately on the horizon for frameworks targeted at script loading and dependencies, maybe there is still some room for quality polyfills, but that sea is drying quickly and the frameworks that are flapping about in the mud, are including gold plated icons, just to attract anyone or anything.

There is nothing wrong with your code, it looks very well written, its just sadly 3+ years too late.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:23 AM

I mention, In begining of topics I sayed about Asynchronous Module Definition and even compare with populiar requireJS size. May be in core two are same analog, but each has its own solutiuns and details.
But innovation ideas buried in the other place. Continue to dug.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#25 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:36 AM

It's not.. well received.. when you try to make a a scavenger hunt for your ideas instead of tell them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#26 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

As this requires jQuery, it's closer to 40K than 2.5K, but even so with server-side compression that's not all that bad as long as it brings value. Taking the dependencies into account, this project is larger than RequireJS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

View Postarto8, on 27 June 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Asynchronous Module Definition ... compare with populiar requireJS ...

You are missing the point. requierJS is past the use by date, modules are built into the language, they are async, they provide top level scope (no more polluted global), use access control headers (CORS), dynamic import, and more, all with no framework and total of 0 bytes of code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#28 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

Well that's a name I haven't seen in sometime. Welcome back, Blindman67.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Howdy modi123_1, was cleaning some dust from my bookmarks and came across D.I.C. so had pop my head around the door.. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#30 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

I'm glad when you popped your head around the door you didn't catch me with my pants off... this time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +