2 Replies - 337 Views - Last Post: 13 August 2018 - 07:57 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

confused on how to go about this in Unity

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

Hey everyone. I am not asking or expecting anyone to do the whole code for me but I do not know how I would go about this. I was wanting to try to have a scene for example, that will once you click "Go" will cause a car to go into the pit to get gas/tires/etc. Maybe take a couple seconds for it to finish(possibly have a timer counting down) then take off and continue onto the next one and so on. I hope this makes sense. Im not a strong coder which is why I am here to ask for help. Thanks for anyone that can help me!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: confused on how to go about this in Unity

#2 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: confused on how to go about this in Unity

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

You would start with a tutorial on how to write games with Unity. If you do a search, there are many tutorials. Very likely, you'll run across a tutorial that matches your learning style.

What you've asked for above is not "simple". You'll need to build up the necessary skills for doing the graphics, as well as designing the data model for the various states that your car/game will be in.

Moving to Game Development since this is not a C# specific question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: confused on how to go about this in Unity

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 13 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

You would start with a tutorial on how to write games with Unity. If you do a search, there are many tutorials. Very likely, you'll run across a tutorial that matches your learning style.

What you've asked for above is not "simple". You'll need to build up the necessary skills for doing the graphics, as well as designing the data model for the various states that your car/game will be in.

Moving to Game Development since this is not a C# specific question.

Oh ok. Thank you for the response. The graphics I can do just the coding not so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1