3 Replies - 275 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2018 - 04:12 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

routers-cloud-pc connection public ip

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have one small network and want to connect a routers via public ips to cloud and cloud to PC with public ip.
Because cloud is layer2 in packet tracer, it is not routable device.
When just connect and put IPs, i cant ping from router to pc.

Where am I wrong?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: routers-cloud-pc connection public ip

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: routers-cloud-pc connection public ip

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Generally this is handled with port-forwarding.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

What do I need to forward?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:12 AM

So your problem from outside is between router and PC. You can forward ports and connections to your PC, so router will know where to send a visitor according to link, IP, port, type, whatever. There is even better option where you will actually forward everything, if it suits you, called DMZ, you know what it is, its like going into the jail, you cant bring everything with you and you cant go anywhere you want, but only where guards takes you. Same tactics are applied, DMZ opens everything to the one specific computer on the network, so outsiders cant access any other computer on the network (for example NASA didnt know for that, so outsiders could access any computer in their network, and some of them didnt even have a basic password), but only that one thats allowed by DMZ, so its like the entrance, meant to deny access to any other devices on your network, to protect them, and at the same time opening the clear way to only one specific PC. Today routers got this kind of options as well as some firewalls and security things. When visitor comes to router from outside, router will show him a way to your local PC, visitor cant access anything else then this specific PC, and everything is open for visitor to access your PC, all ports, even all IP ranges can be managed, whatever. When visitor reach your PC, its up to PC to take a lead, like when you go to jail to the office, when you came in the office, another rules and filters are applied.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1