4 Replies - 615 Views - Last Post: 04 October 2018 - 02:27 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

A MySQL Solutuon to Sync 3 servers

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:23 AM

I have 3servers which there is a load balancer in front of them and sends the requests to these servers randomly.

The script is the same in all of these 3servers, but I need to sync the DB in all of them, or replicate the DB or whatever you suggest, I don't know it's name exactly! There are a lot of things I've heard:
-MySQL Replication (master-master)
-MySQL Replication (master-slave)
-MySQL Cluster
-MySQL Replication (Group replication)
-Percona Server
-MySQL Gelara
-Any other scripts like this PHP Package or this

would you tell me what is the difference of these? And which one is the best for my situation?

These are my needs:
1- I have 3 Geographically distributed servers which I want to sync them.

2- I want to use InnoDB (Not preferred to use NDB Cluster engine of MySQL Cluster), also I have some in-memory tables, but not that much important to use memory tables, I can switch to InnoDB.

3- I want something hidden to the application layer, I want to INSERT/SELECT and etc... like before, without changing my codes.

4- I want something master/master replication or sync or whatever for when each of my master servers goes down no failure happens,It must have automatic node failure detection in it.

Would you suggest me a solution, for example percona server?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A MySQL Solutuon to Sync 3 servers

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A MySQL Solutuon to Sync 3 servers

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

Well first of all, your load balancer is there to detect if a server goes down and route to ones that are up. It is part of the balancer and typically sends a heart beat to all servers that it is load balancing for.

Second, load balancing also typically handles the application layer making requests. Load balancers are often transparent to the application.

Lastly, the third part you have to really worry about is the methodology of syncing the servers. From what I understand the replication method is the easiest to understand and implement and might be what you need.

https://dev.mysql.co...eplication.html

That should get you started as to what can be done and if this is the right solution for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for your reply, But no, my load-balancer is using round-robin method and doesn't check the heart beat of my servers, and unfortunately I don't have any control over it, I can only add or remove nodes.

And about replication which you've mentioned, if you mean master-slave replication or master-master replication, I don't think it's a full solution, the main downside is the lacking of automatic failure detection and recovery.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:42 PM

Use Solusvm. Clone your current MySQL node or set your source to use 3 consecutive databases with each one installed on a separate node in Solus. There is no easy way to do hard work. There is no lazy man's way to do what you want, separately to what was linked by Martyr2. Solus have a demo, check it and see if its for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

I have the same task as the topic starter.

For me, it is easier to use different conversion applications.
Now I'm testing DBConvert Studio software for this task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1