2 Replies - 447 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Software Advice

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:37 PM

Hello everyone.

I am a teacher and I teach computer literacy to prep students. I am trying to find a better way to test them and I remember my ICDL exam that I took some years back.

The exam simulated a live environment and you got "marked" for every step you perform. You would, for example, have to create a "New Folder". For every step you take the exam engine marked it. So if you right click, point to "new" and then select "new file" by mistake, you still receive marks for the steps you did right. It appears as though they are actually working on Windows or MS Office, but it is simulated.

Does anyone know of software that is available to do this? I have found 1 online portal (EmployTest), but as a school it would be better to buy the software so that I can set up the test to cater for a particular age group.

Thank you in advance.

Willem.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Software Advice

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Advice

Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

Have you tried to contact this ICDL and see if they have a high school/prep version available?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Software Advice

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

Worse case is going against a live system and learning how to write code against the Windows hooks built in for Computer Based Training.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1