2 Replies - 317 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2018 - 06:41 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Python Books/Tutorial

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:29 AM

Hi, does anyone know good python books/tutorials, about python, how to stucture code, how to right python etc...
I have python as a college class, I know the basics and understand what is writen, I just want to further my python knowledge, and try to stop having to use google too much, I'm already trying to do python challenges/projects, Sometimes I just don't know where to start a project(I guess that comes with experience).

If there is tutorials/books out there to complement it, I appreciate your suggestions.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Python Books/Tutorial

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python Books/Tutorial

Posted 30 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Along the top of the site, you'll see a link that says "Tutorials". I would suggest starting there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Python Books/Tutorial

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

The standard beginner book at this point, IMO, is Python the Hard Way. If you're taking a class already, though, you might want to take a look at Allen Downey's Think Python (available from O'Reilly, or free online from Allen if you search) Learning Python and Programming Python, also from O'Reilly, used to be the standard texts but I haven't checked to see if they've been kept up to date.

For structure of code, the standard approach is detailed by Bob Martin in Clean Code. That book used Java for its examples, but the principles are universal.

If you're not sure where to start a project, the answer is probably "with a smaller project".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1