2 Replies - 385 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

SSRS create parameters

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Not strictly about .NET but the MS world, is anyone a whiz with SSRS Reporting?

I need to create a date range parameter and have never created a parameter before.

I think I go into the Report Data pane and create two Date/Time parameters, name and configure them. Do I then modify the stored procedure in SSMS, which is the basis for the report, by adding an expression such as between @dateparam1 and @dateparam2 where these are the names of the parameters?

I'm a little puzzled because

1. I cannot modify the Dataset in the report designer, it just says CALL MYSP
2. The add parameter box has options such as allow nulls, how is this implemented if I actually have to modify the sp anyway?
3. Why do I have to modify the stored procedure, can the parameters not be an additional reporting feature?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: SSRS create parameters

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: SSRS create parameters

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:43 AM

I've moved a little further with this. In the Report Data pane I've created two date/time parameters pStartDate and pEndDate.

Then I've modified the Dataset Properties to map these two parameters for the stored procedure, as @pStartDate and @pEndDate.

Do I still need to, finally, modify the stored procedure in SSMS to use these named parameters?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: SSRS create parameters

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

Okay, I got it working by adding the parameters to the stored procedure.

Still seems a little odd to me to have to modify the sp (rather than the parameters being an additional reporting feature), but, it doesn't really matter because the sp is dedicated for the reporting anyway.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1