4 Replies - 187 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2018 - 02:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi Everyone

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

Hi all, hobby developer here.

Was away from the scene for ~10 years and been slowly getting back into things over last few years.

Primarily web development in PHP, MySQL & Javascript, but also dabble in Python and Perl.

Full time job is unrelated but got me back into things after getting frustrated with the lack of decent tools to do day to day job which revolves around statistics and analysis.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi Everyone

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi Everyone

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:00 AM

Welcome!

Descent tools for stats and analysis? What, they don't have Excel? Hahaha! I kid.. I kid. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 29 November 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Welcome!

Descent tools for stats and analysis? What, they don't have Excel? Hahaha! I kid.. I kid. :D/>

Funny enough that's exactly the answer from the powers that be just without the laugh and a dead straight face.

Used to tell people we don't have a database program whenever I was asked to create one but the amount of blank looks and 'we've got excel' replies sucked the soul out of me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:17 PM

Well.. on the honest side, Excel has done some crazy stuff. The fact you can use it for a front end on a high performance cluster is.. interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:37 AM

That is true, we have some 'interesting' excel documents using VBS scripts which can do more than I thought would be possible with excel.

However when you have a few thousand employees accessing what is still a very large spreadsheet results can be just as interesting lol.

In fairness half the stuff I do now with web programs would have had no place on a website a couple of decades ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1