2 Replies - 260 Views - Last Post: 02 December 2018 - 06:20 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Insert Dat file contents into a MSSQL database table

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

Hi All,

I am wondering does anyone know of any good tutorial on using dat files e.g. insert into the database staging table of MS SQL server.

Here are the dat file contents:
_id,itemcode,location
1,RT006,16,A223
2,RT003,13,A223,
3,RT001,11,A223,

I create a certain table in the staging database. I want to insert all column values from the dat file into the table by using vb application. And later, the application will be run automatically by using windows schedule tasks (task scheduler) so that the user won't do it manually. The column titles will not be inserted. Any help would be great.
thanks

Regards,
Steve

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Insert Dat file contents into a MSSQL database table

• Senior Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Insert Dat file contents into a MSSQL database table

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:32 PM

Perhaps you might find this useful? Something I wrote and shared with another person seeking help with MySQL. MySQL Functions According to your other topic, you have and can extract the info from the dat file?

Everything you need relating to MySQL is on that link. Refer back to your other topic on how you got the info from the dat file.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Insert Dat file contents into a MSSQL database table

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostSheepings, on 29 November 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Perhaps you might find this useful? Something I wrote and shared with another person seeking help with MySQL. MySQL Functions According to your other topic, you have and can extract the info from the dat file?

Everything you need relating to MySQL is on that link. Refer back to your other topic on how you got the info from the dat file.

Thank you for our reply. I will check the link and let you know if the problem solved.

Best Regards,
Steve
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1