My thoughts on Android

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 493 Views - Last Post: 13 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

My thoughts on Android

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Know what? Android is massively bloated OS and main reason I ditched it in favor of iOS..

Shortly before ditching Android I bought one of top-notch phone powered by green-robot. I bought it from free-market. Not with carrier - so 'as vendor gives'. At least what I thought.

From start:
- Lags horribly (even boot animation lags); 6GB RAM and lags? oh yes, its called optimalization; unknown to Google,
- Price $900; for this sum I'd expect OS to work flawlessly/like a charm,
- Dicks like CEO's and other cheaters do their best to steal as much of your private data as possible,
- Fucked up permissions (Camera wants to access contacts, if denied - just quits; WTF??!!)
- And much more......

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My thoughts on Android

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My thoughts on Android

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

Sure I'll bite, and pretend we all don't know where this ranting post is going to end up.

Which phone?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lady A
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

Not really the appropriate forum for this tirade, may be more suited to one of the casual conversation areas of the site rather than in a help forum. However, it's cool if the mods are cool, I shall tackle some of the statements with you.

View Postdev_, on 10 December 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

From start:
- Lags horribly (even boot animation lags); 6GB RAM and lags? oh yes, its called optimalization; unknown to Google,

This would likely be related to the phone you purchased/where you purchased said phone from. It could even potentially be a result of actions you've performed with the phone. As far as "optimalization", or optimization as it is commonly known, Google are incredibly concerned with this and I find my Pixel 2 to still be going very strong after owning it for approximately 2 years.

- Price $900; for this sum I'd expect OS to work flawlessly/like a charm,

God only knows where (and why) one would purchase an Android phone for $900, even my Pixel 2 was only $600 when i purchased it and they hadn't been out long. That was considered a pretty hefty price tag for an Android phone. Working with that price tag, are you sure this review is not related to the iOS device?

- Dicks like CEO's and other cheaters do their best to steal as much of your private data as possible,

Well, Android won't actually report private data unless you allow it to and even then there is a lot of stuff it won't send. iOS performs the same data gathering tasks, all platforms do now as it can easily be monetized, it's really just a fact of life in a modernized technological society. Data makes the world go round.

- Fucked up permissions (Camera wants to access contacts, if denied - just quits; WTF??!!)

I, again, have a Pixel 2 which is an Android operating system. My base camera app never asked to access anything other than files and folders. Is it possible the application you're using is not a standard application? If so, that is more down to that individual developer than the operating system. Additionally, if an application requests a permission and you deny it, the system is closing it because you are not agreeing to what they are asking for and it is trying to ensure the safety and integrity of your data. Especially if the application is demanding the privilege immediately on open as this means the application was intending to perform some service with that data.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

Tbh this post reeks of bot or hired "influencers".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

Naw, check his post history on why he has a -5. Spent some time making foaming-at-the-mouth rants about php. Seems something found his new ire.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:15 PM

It's just the guy who has unresolved mental health issues with regard to open-source software. He thinks that if software is open source, the creators should provide all support and literally anything else needed for free for life.

This rant is dumb, and you should feel dumb dev_. Don't blame Android for your shitty decisions. I bought a OnePlus One for $350 in 2014, and last year I bought 2 OnePlus Fives for around $450 each. That is paid straight to the manufacturer, no carrier subsidies. 2 SIM cards, radios that work all over the world, fast hardware. My One still ran just fine, I only bought the replacement because my wife needed a new phone and it was looking good.

You're picking a phone that has a camera app which tries to access your contacts, and you're going to blame Android for that? That's your phone manufacturer's choice, there's not some rule in Android itself that requires that the camera has access to the contacts.

Stop blaming other people for your dumb choices.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:09 AM

I have a Pixel XL and love it. I hate iOS and their interface.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Fucked up permissions (Camera wants to access contacts, if denied - just quits; WTF??!!)
ISO will not ask for permission? Sorry,not an IOS's user.

This post has been edited by wseng92: 13 December 2018 - 12:21 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

This year my life changed after buying iOS device. It was an incredible eye opening exciting experience! One day you will be able to compare iOs and Android devices.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1