1 Replies - 149 Views - Last Post: 20 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello Forum (World)!

Posted 20 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

Hello to all,

I try to keep the intro small and fill out my profile page later. I just finished installing the latest and older JDKs and JREs in conjunction with Eclips, NetBeans and Android Studio. You can imagine that took a while (2 days) for my laptop and desktop. But at least I learned a lot what's really happening in the background of the different DKs. So, for those who are also new, I am quite sure I know the solution to your setup problems, because I encountered every single one of them and found out the hard way to solve them. Yes java -version is showing what needs to be shown. What a head ache that was.
Programming and board and card game design isn't new to me. That's why I decided to start from the beginning but with Java. I will develop apps for Android, but I want to learn and see the whole picture. Also, distributing apps on Google Store requires you to follow a certain programming style and standard. Did you know that System.out.println() is not allowed? Now you know and I do too...lol. Anyway, I want to do things the correct way and start anew.
I will be probably asking lots of questions in the forum, but also will be helpful too answer yours, if I can. My professional background is everything graphics, from fine arts over logo design to web design, etc. Also can help you with marketing campaigns, etc.
Also, I just wanted to add what I am working at. Foremost I am going through the book "Sam's Teach Yourself Java in 24 Hours". That's why I installed NetBeans 8.2. For that I needed to change the config file to the path of Java 1.8. At the same time I am using Eclipse but with different settings to JDK 11 which doesn't use a JRE (which was confusing at first), but you can if you want. But I started with Android Studio and the setup was the easiest and worked right away with my Samsung 8+. But as mentioned before, getting all programs to work without interfering with each other was a headache. Android Studio is what I will use to develop apps or games, but at the same time I also want to learn Java as standalone to complete the whole picture. From previous game developments with Unity or other game engines I am aware of that the hardest is not programming itself, but when something doesn't work, debugging and problem solving is more important than anything else. I am also using the book "Java Programming for Android Developers for Dummies" and "Java A Beginner's Guide". I am writing down notes in note book for each to keep progress. I hope to go through all of them within the next 6 months and then start on one of my projects to digitize one of my games which exist in print form already. Tested and approved by family and friends as a possible winner...wish me luck...lol.

Greetings to all.

Best regards.

Benarius.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Hello Forum (World)!

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello Forum (World)!

Posted 20 December 2018 - 02:20 PM