3 Replies - 293 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2019 - 07:17 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Treeview turn off search nodes

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:04 PM

Hi

I have a treeview control which I think has the ability for you to tap on a key on the keyboard and it will jump to the next node containing that character. I dont think this is anything we have written into the code (its quite a large project written originally by someone else) but its a function we dont want as it has potential to cause problems. Is this a standard function of a treeview control and is it possible to turn it off (or suppress it through code?)

Thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Treeview turn off search nodes

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Treeview turn off search nodes

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

Please confirm if your code is (obsolete) VB6 or VB.NET?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2019 - 02:00 AM

Hi, it's VB6
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Member Title
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:17 AM

I mean, there is nothing stopping you from creating a new project, adding a treeview, adding a few nodes and checking this behaviour out for yourself, instead of waiting for strangers on the internet to do exactly that, that way, half of your question is answered and you could of told us that it appears to be standard behaviour.

It turns out, however, I am your stranger today because I have just done that and I can confirm I am experiencing the described behaviour in the standard Treeview.

In terms of stopping it, the behaviour is happening on the KeyPress of the treeview, so you could handle that event which is passing in 'KeyAscii As Integer' byref, so you could set that value to 0 to stop said behaviour, this may have other knock-on effects that I couldn't foresee without knowing what your application does and how it uses treeviews.

This post has been edited by maceysoftware: 08 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1