0 Replies - 84 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Using nginx Root in Home Directory

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:23 AM

So I have an application I'm working on in my encrypted home folder on Ubuntu that I'm developing on my computer. Since I'm the only user nginx will only be running while those files are decrypted. I can get my default site to work (the one in the /var/ directory) but the ones in my site root directory that is inside my user /home/ directory I get 404 Not Found Error on my browser and in my log files I get:

2019/01/12 02:00:04 [crit] 30471#30471: *4 stat() "/home/username/site/favicon.ico" failed (13: Permission denied), client: 127.0.0.1, server: app.site, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", host: "app.site"

From my research its because nginx doesnt have permission to read my folders. The whole idea is so I can securely develop my app and know the code cant be stolen while the laptop is off and still be able to test it. Anybody have a step for step on how I'd give nginx access to the sub-directory in my users /home/ so I can test my app but if I had another user logged in the data will be encrypted and therefore they cant access the app?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1