5 Replies - 298 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2019 - 07:50 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Get IP Address of Remote Machine

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:57 AM

I am trying to develope an application that will look on the network what computer a user is logged in and return the IP
this is to enable the support staff on the helpdesk to remote on and assist the end user as most users find it dificualt to find whoami but they know there login ID from active directory.

I have degined a simple tool look that if the helpdesk users inputs an Id of the user it will then display on a label the ip address that it found when the button is click

project us

1 text box
1 button
1 label

any help as to how to start the code is greatful, I know to to display the user IP of a local machine but not that of a remote machine

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Get IP Address of Remote Machine

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Get IP Address of Remote Machine

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

What have you tried, thought about, or considered?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

I am willing to try anything really I have looked on goolge and no one seems to have a answer I am happy to buy software if anyone has any recommendations I just would love to have a tool that would help us in our daily work to help the staff with there technical issues I have code that would get it of the machine that I am on but did not know how to do it remotly but it would be a great help to us if anyone could help us acheive such a task so type in a username and it return there IP address I don't know if it can be done but I was hoping it was possible thanks in advance
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I think you'll find it's "Dr"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:55 AM

There must be a way on Windows to find out which processes have network connections open and to which address/port. I know nothing of the APIs on Windows, but I'd have a hard time believing that that info isn't available somehow.

Also, please use punctuation - writing entire paragraphs without any makes them difficult to read.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:28 AM

Most companies use TeamViewer as it is minimally install, easy to have folk navigate to, and everyone shares a screen. Versus kicking someone out of their login.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:50 PM

One way is to use a web client with a streamreader and download the source html by using downloadstring from a lookup provider like; http://ipinfo.info/html/ip_checker.php and acquire the IP from there. Show what you've tried

Actually, stream reader isn't even needed if you strip the html properly upon receiving it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1