4 Replies - 281 Views - Last Post: 15 February 2019 - 06:48 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

The proper way to publish my application

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:43 PM

Since I am almost done with my big application, I would like to know what is the best and most secure way to publish my application. For my previous applications , I had a program called "Smart Install maker" in which I would put in all my [Debug] Folder files which are found inside my application solution folder.

However, I have a feeling that this isn't the best way to do this. I feel like it is easy for anyone to easily extract the code or anything out of that.

Am I right? I have no idea and I won't really quite understand how the built-in Visual studio publisher works ... MY program has its own autoupdating thing so I don't get why I would need to set a publishing folder on a ftp server or URL.

What's the correct and best way to publish my application and make it available for any simple user to use ? Does using any program like Smart Install maker to compress the [Debug] folder files enough? or do I need to do something else? IF I need to use the visual studio publisher , can someone explain in detail to me which are the most important stuff I should fill and how to make a proper installation through it? cuz I was never able to do one.

~Thanks in advance~

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The proper way to publish my application

#2 andrewsw   User is online

• Stealth IT
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The proper way to publish my application

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:10 AM

I think that you should mention the application type, version, intended audience and location.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:14 AM

View Postandrewsw, on 15 February 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I think that you should mention the application type, version, intended audience and location.

It's an application for my college. Not like a homework or project. Just me with an idea to help myself and my colleagues to better organize our data and files. for the version , well I don't know 1.0.0.1? the intended audience is my own mates in college and location is my own college as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 andrewsw   User is online

• Stealth IT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:24 AM

Yeah I mean... desktop or web application? ASP.NET MVC? Core? WPF? etc. Where are you going to write it to? Internet/Intranet?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:48 PM

View Postandrewsw, on 15 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Yeah I mean... desktop or web application? ASP.NET MVC? Core? WPF? etc. Where are you going to write it to? Internet/Intranet?

Well it is just a Windows forms desktop application using visual basic language in visual studio 2017 community. It should be installed on the PC where the installer is ran. I want it to be like packaged in an installer which will install the application when it's ran on any other PC
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1