5 Replies - 296 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

I have built an application in VB.NET to connect to a MySQL database to check users registration, but here is the message that they keep getting each time that they try to run the application and check their registration on my website/domain where the MySQL database and server is located:

"Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."

Here is the VB.NET code that I'm using to connect:

MysqlConn.ConnectionString = "server=198.27.87.232;userid=MyUserID;password=MyPassword;database=aaronest_ekspdb"

AND I HAVE TRIED:

MysqlConn.ConnectionString = "Server=198.27.87.232;Port=3306;Database=aaronest_ekspdb;Uid=MyUserID;Pwd=MyPassword;"

But still, my client only see's the following message:

The software will connect and run great on most of my clients computers, but for some reason, every now and then, some clients receive the message above.

I have also tried to unblock my clients ports on her Windows 10 firewall to no avail.

Would appreciate the support.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

Here is my latest .Net connection String:
server=my.serveraddress.com;port=3306;user id=myUserName; password=myPassword; database=myDatabase; SslMode=none;

I am using this with "mysql-connector-net-8.0.13.msi"
Another couple of tests are; to try connecting using the MySQL client from the workstation, and to try to connect using ODBC using the "mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.11-win32.msi".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

Well there's a name I haven't seen for some time.

Welcome back, ajwsurfer!

The bulk of connection string formats can be found at: https://www.connectionstrings.com/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

Thanks man, I figured I would check back in, as Fridays are learning days at work, thank to our new CTO.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your response! It seems like something that I feel that I should definitely try.

A couple of other people on a couple of other forums have recommended that I try a "Connect Timeout=60"
in my connection string. I'm just not sure why some of my clients are getting this MySQL connection error message.

Just to fill you in a little more, I have over 750 clients who are connecting to this database on a regular basis.
Some have told me to take a look at the error logs, but I don't know how I would find her IP address to see what
the problem is. I've has some say to run Fiddler on her machine, but she's in Israel and I'm not sure if she'd like
for me to run "Fiddler" through TeamViewer (remote access program to control her computer).
But I'm trying to just handle everything from my end.

Anyhow, thank you for your recommendation. I will give it a try and let you know if I run into any issues. I appreciate
your support.

View Postajwsurfer, on 22 February 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Here is my latest .Net connection String:
server=my.serveraddress.com;port=3306;user id=myUserName; password=myPassword; database=myDatabase; SslMode=none;

I am using this with "mysql-connector-net-8.0.13.msi"
Another couple of tests are; to try connecting using the MySQL client from the workstation, and to try to connect using ODBC using the "mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.11-win32.msi".

Hi Modi,

Thank you for your referral. I will take a look over that page. I saw it once in Google, but didn't pay
much attention to it as I was looking for forums to see how many other were experiencing this issue and
if they got it resolved.

Is there any one of those connection strings that you'd recommend I try given this connection message
that I keep receiving for this client who is trying to connect?

View Postmodi123_1, on 22 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well there's a name I haven't seen for some time.

Welcome back, ajwsurfer!

The bulk of connection string formats can be found at: https://www.connectionstrings.com/

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

I would suggest checking the 'mysql' heading.

If you need a client's IP they can plug into google "what is my ip" and that should give you an idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1