• +

34 Replies - 1031 Views - Last Post: 30 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

#31 xclite   User is online

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Boeing Max groundings

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:01 AM

I love sticks because they're fun, but also because they actually keep me engaged in the act of driving.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#32 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

And are paddle shifters just too easy?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#33 xclite   User is online

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:55 PM

I don't really care how hard it is - paddle shifters just aren't as engaging - there's strictly less physical feedback to work with. I'm not going to go on and on about "pure driving experience". I just find stick to be pretty useful in that sense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#34 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

As my ex-wife used to say whenever she missed a gear shift and we hear the horrible sounds coming from the center console and under the hood: "If you can't find 'em, grind 'em". :)

Personally, I love driving stick except when stuck in Seattle, LA, or DC traffic. Those are the times when I wish for an automatic, or a car that I can switch between manual and automatic.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#35 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

It's not a bug. It's a feature.

Boeing's CEO explains why the company didn't tell 737 Max pilots about the software system that contributed to 2 fatal crashes

"When you take a look at the original design of the MCAS system. I think in some cases, in the media, it has been reported or described as an anti-stall system, which it is not." ... "It's a system that's designed to provide handling qualities for the pilot that meet pilot preferences."

Muilenburg added, "We want the airplane to behave in the air similar to the previous generation of 737s. That's the preferred pilot feel for the airplane, and MCAS is designed to provide those kinds of handling qualities at a high angle of attack."

"It's a purposeful design. It's something that's designed to be part of how the airplanes fly. ..."

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +