Populars a online calculator

• (2 Pages)
  • +

20 Replies - 592 Views - Last Post: 26 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Populars a online calculator

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

Hi! I have never heard that ordinary calculators could somehow help websites. Literally a week later, I began to read articles on this topic, and, as it turned out now, many who have their own websites place calculators on their websites.
Can you share the experience of why calculators have become popular and are they really useful for websites? Calculators help improve SEO? What are you doing calculators through? Thank you in advance!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Populars a online calculator

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Populars a online calculator

Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

Elaborate on "calculators". Like graphing or solar powered?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:35 PM

It is not pertinent to SEO. It is functionality dependent entirely on the purpose of the site. Real estate sites, it makes sense to have a mortgage calculator. Banking and investment sites, it makes sense to have saving and loan calculators. Paycheck City centers their sites around what your paycheck will be. It wouldn't be intelligent to add a calculator for the sake of having one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

I have never heard that ordinary calculators could somehow help websites.

They can't. It seems pretty odd to think that a search engine vendor would add code to (1) check for the existence of a calculator and (2) rank that page higher. It would just be an odd rule for any search other than "find a website with a calculator" where the person for some reason didn't think to try calculator.com first.

A calculator might help the website visitor if they suddenly found themselves in need of a calculator and didn't want to open the one on their operating system or phone, but it wouldn't help the actual web site in any way unless there's some web-based calculator peddler who pays people to put calculators on their site for some reason (if so, it's because they're stealing and selling user data).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 12:35 AM

This applies to any online calculators that are used on the site.

However, as far as I can tell, many experts say that calculators increase SEO, namely, due to behavioral factors.

And I have seen some sites where it is said that the calculator contributes precisely to the increase in behavioral factors.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

I'll state again, that isn't true. It has nothing to do with SEO. But, since you asked a question and then want to say experts said, I'll leave you to it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:55 AM

Then why is there any mention on various sites of online services that it is useful for SEO if you think that this is not true?
For example, in this article ucalc.pro/en/blog/why-does-site-need-online-calculator there is a point about it.
I wonder if there are any other articles on this subject, can anyone read?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

in this article ucalc.pro/en/blog/why-does-site-need-online-calculator there is a point about it.

Color me not shocked that a site that shills calculators is pro calculator.

Then why is there any mention on various sites of online services that it is useful for SEO

Examples?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:02 AM

From that site:

Improve SEO and Boost Traffic

Did you know that online calculators improve SEO ranking and increase targeted traffic? When website visitors spend more time on the page that contains a calculator, the bounce rate drops and the site’s behavioral metrics improve significantly. You can attract more organic traffic by correctly selecting keywords for the website pages that have an online calculator.

That is a great stretch... Because a site has one of their "fab" calculators, visitors will spend more time on the page, thus boosting SEO!!?

If you have a pretty picture on a page more people will spend time looking at the page, says Andrew.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:10 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 26 March 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

in this article ucalc.pro/en/blog/why-does-site-need-online-calculator there is a point about it.

Color me not shocked that a site that shills calculators is pro calculator.

Then why is there any mention on various sites of online services that it is useful for SEO

Examples?

An example is given for the article. And I also saw mentions on some SEO forum. What exactly I do not remember exactly, I will try to find where. In any case, opinions differ everywhere and it would be interesting to find more opinions on this subject.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:14 AM

I have never heard of that unless it's a calculator shilling site. Honestly, never. Nothing would indicate if you are a non-calculator pushing site that adding one would magically jump your SEO ratings.

Though that 'ucalc' seems a little scammy in their calculator pusher ways. Thanks for alerting me. ;) :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

Perhaps, of course, the calculator will not give a very big push in SEO, but nevertheless the fact that they wrote about this for a reason. Although, perhaps this is trying to attract to the calculator. In any case, your answer has been helpful to think about it :)
But another similar service also writes about this calconic.com/blog/calculators-effective-sales-lead-generation-tools, although not as detailed and as little as uCalc.

✔ Goes Hand-In-Hand with SEO
Since calculators increase engagement, customers end up spending a longer time on your page, which decrease bounce rates and makes better onsite SEO.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

Again.. not going to take the word as gospel from a site who's entire job is to make people believe a calculator on a website will boost SEO.

Of course the slop salesman will tell me their slop is the best and will provide critical intrinsic, but unverifiable, health benefits.. it's the slop salesman's job to sell slop!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:36 AM

If you have a mortgage site, and you offer a mortgage calculator, it is probably a good thing to do, and people who are interested in mortgages are more "engaged"... for the short time that they might spend performing calculations.

If I have Simpson's site a calculator probably will not achieve a great deal, and will probably confuse Homer. 5318008
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:41 AM

317537 is right! Not trying to be a 3104558. lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +