6 Replies - 1168 Views - Last Post: 04 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Workflow system creation

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:20 AM

Hi everyone, I need help to create an online workflow system, something like ScribeManager. I work for another company who also have a great system that they created themselves so I know it's possible! How can this be done? Can I do this myself? Where/how would I start? Where can I find out further information?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Workflow system creation

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Workflow system creation

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:54 AM

You start out by planning. Get a system design doc hammered out in some form. Figure out what are important features, how users will interact, data needs, images, colors, OS needs, data storage needs, etc. Every feature and function you can think of.

Then order it out. Most important to least. Which are critical "to ship" a minimal viable product versus what is gold plating and can be added later.

Then hammer out some plans, milestones, etc. Take big topics and break those down in to manageable chunks.

Get organized and you should have a map to start in.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:32 AM

Can I create this myself online? If so, where/how can I do this? I am on a tight budget and would prefer to do it myself. I like to be independent and wouldn't want to rely on anyone else, I'd want to to create my own product. Is this crazy-nuts for a beginner or do-able?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:34 AM

I have no idea what your skill level is, but sure.. I imagine you can make your application web based.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

My skill level is total beginner but I have created my own website and designed this. I am self-reliant and mostly self-taught and so I am happy to have a go at learning. What would be the best method of doing this? How can I learn what I need and get my new software online? I appreciate this may be a big ask but any help to set me off in the right direction would be great.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:16 AM

Again.. plan first. That gives you the needed checklist for what you may need later in terms of language picking, platforms, etc.

Assuming this is all web based then you'll need to have some sort of HTML/CSS/JS toolset as well as a back end language like php, asp.net, ruby, python, etc. A database (mysql, maria, mssql, etc) would be needed.

I cannot express this enough - put the thought of coding out of your head for the time being and work on the design doc first.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:40 AM

:bananaman: thanks for the advice :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1