2 Replies - 211 Views - Last Post: 08 April 2019 - 05:29 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

I'm back

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:04 PM

So....since it's been awhile and I don't think I ever properly introduced myself here goes nothing.

I'm a college student now and trying to get into game development at my uni. Over the years I have messed around in some capacity though don't have any full working knowledge in any of them of: python, c++, java, vb.net, sas, html, css, and some js. I'm hoping to really focus on python and java/c++ along with some web development stuff for my personal interests at this point. I'm also looking with the game development things to possibly start using godot just because it's lightweight and cross platform. I'm also studying Japanese as a second major as well so maybe I can do some translation in a language and culture that I've always enjoyed.

(I welcome any tips or anything that might get me back up to speed on algorithms, data structures, and other programming things that might be useful as I know before I get to the intro to operating systems class that I need to review C++ and that other stuff in a manner that I get notes on how they work so I'm not struggling at that point trying to get on top of things).

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I'm back

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I'm back

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:52 PM

Welcome back!

I prefer Unity over godot, but so it goes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: I'm back

Posted 08 April 2019 - 05:29 AM

Thanks and I wondered if you'd somehow remember me :whistling:/>

And yeah I know unity is usually highly recommended but I keep hearing about godot and how like proton both have made huge leaps within the last few years. And despite just messing around looking at the the demos it doesn't lag and stutter as much as unity ever did when I have run it... >_>

Especially since godot seems to have a lot planned that may make it a lot more viable for other devs from what I see(and admittedly I only plan to use it for the 2d aspect): https://github.com/g...ster/ROADMAP.md

This post has been edited by milleja46: 08 April 2019 - 05:48 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1