2 Replies - 236 Views - Last Post: 09 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

XMPP Solution for App Engine?

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

Working on a project that will require chat/instant messaging functionality. Google offers FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging) for delivering messages. However, FCM is not reliable enough to implement instant messaging functionality for an application. Openfire is a XMPP server that can accomplish what I want, but I do not think it integrates well with Google App Engine Standard (Using PHP for back-end). Does anyone know of a solution (server, PHP framework or library) that allows for instant messaging and integrates well with Google App Engine Standard?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: XMPP Solution for App Engine?

#2 Martyr2   User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: XMPP Solution for App Engine?

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:13 AM

Well from what I know, it should integrate fine. XMPP is just a protocol, or a set of rules on how application communicates and not something that should be of concern on hosting. But either way, the following link suggests that you can put Openfire on the cloud platform just fine with bitnami...

https://bitnami.com/...re/cloud/google

I hope it is what you were looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: XMPP Solution for App Engine?

Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

I have seen that option before. I was hoping to find a solution that was free and did not have to use Google Compute Engine. Would have preferred a solution that requires Google App Engine Standard.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1