1 Replies - 145 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2019 - 05:37 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Clickonce and code signing

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:03 PM

I'm utterly new at publishing an app. I have a code-signing certificate from a CA, and I entered it into the Signing tab in Visual Studio. But if I then use Clickonce to publish it to a web page for users to download and install, Windows still blocks installation, although it correctly identifies the publisher. I gather that Clickonce only signs the deployment manifest, and not the application manifest? I can find walkthroughs for manually deploying a signed Clickonce application, but I don't understand them completely, and would prefer the simplicity of automatic deployment. I tried using MageUI to sign the exe after building and then publishing it immediately afterwards, but that didn't change anything.
Frankly, it doesn't make sense to me that Clickonce wouldn't sign both parts (I know there are situations where you wouldn't want it to, but still). Is there something I just completely missed here?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Clickonce and code signing

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Clickonce and code signing

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

Update: Apparently Clickonce does sign both parts, but it can cause issues when you use the "Publish Now" button. When I got rid of the all the changes I'd made (based on suggestions intended for earlier versions of VS) and used the Publishing Wizard instead of Publish Now, all was right with the world, or at least this tiny corner of the world.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1