1 Replies - 338 Views - Last Post: 23 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

how to take a screenshot from a youtube video in a effective way?

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:29 AM

Dear community, good evening dear experts

well i have been musing lots of minutes - and i wonderes where to put this question. To which category it fits most...-!?
after having a cup of coffee and some further musings i thougth - that this would fit most on this graphic-design forum here:
Dear admin and mod,. Do not bear with me if i did something wrong - in putting hit here into this sub category of this great forum.

how to take a screenshot from a youtube video in a effective way?

Basically Youtube plays videos play in webpage embed and this default screenshot sites will work fine. Capture, take screenshot from youtube video. Generate Thumbnail from video. Screenshots from YouTube Video.

is there a appropriate method to do captures and screenshots easily

well - i have heard about using Firefox for browsing. Friends adviced me to check out these new feature just unveiled a half year ago
Firefox Screenshots - you can watch your video, click the special icon in the browser, and mark up the area and save, it’ll be online right away & you can have it for yourself too..

Well - note that i do only need the Youtube shots - not the whole webpage,:

to go futher: with a graphic editor, like photoshop or gimp or some other free ones, we can use PRTSCN button, [this is a Windows build-in-tool] which basically is Print-Screen. Well i am most of the time not on Windows - so i guess that i have to find other solutions and methods. Well there - some other methods surely exist.
To go ahead with the process: it will copy the screen into our cache/clipboard, and then you simply paste it into our graphic editor on the notebook. With that tool we can go ahead and do alot of great things. EG we can cut out the piece our need and save it.
Well - with these steps we would get nice results i guess.

NOTE: One important thing is to not forget to watch video it its highest available quality. making a screenshot of 360p video will not look good, no matter what program you use or what is your device resolution…

do you have some other methods that i can rely on?

update:

well - i need to have any means to do this - to take a capture or screenshot in youtube clips.

i want to get these captures/ screenshots to a document - where i put them in..

i look for a way to capture picture from video on a linux machine.
i want to be able to take picture from a video and then i want to create a new wallpaper or use the image in a project or a presentation.

is this doable - What would you recommend!?

btw: what about the youtube-dashboard: can this help here in any way!?

probably it would be great to work with Jupyter Notebook
The Jupyter Notebook is an open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations and ...

This post has been edited by sayhello: 21 April 2019 - 11:50 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to take a screenshot from a youtube video in a effective way?

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: how to take a screenshot from a youtube video in a effective way?

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

regarding the trying to display youtube video in jupyter notebook: well - there are options to display youtube video in jupyter notebook.

from IPython.display import HTML
a = input()
HTML('<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S_f2qV2_U00?  rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0" width="560" height="315"  frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>')

and the following also will work

%%HTML
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7VeUPuFGJHk"></iframe>

in new code cell.

And we also can add

frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen 

before end...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1