1 Replies - 245 Views - Last Post: 23 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Is the situation on the Python employment market really like this?

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:49 AM

Just came across a blog post about the most in-demand skills for Python devs: link. Although Machine Learning is raising its popularity with the speed of light, AWS, and Clouds, along with Django, seem to be even more popular than ML libraries. However, Machine Learning itself is quite close to the top of the skills rating. Is such a situation on the Python employment market close to reality?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is the situation on the Python employment market really like this?

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is the situation on the Python employment market really like this?

Posted 23 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

Personally, I would take any reading of implications with a huge pinch of salt. They looked at 300 job specs and "extracted the skills which were mentioned the most frequently". Machine Learning is a popular buzzword, and job specs aren't always put together by Developers. Machine Learning may be added but unless the job stated it was for a Machine Learning Engineer (or similar title) I would be sceptical and want to read the spec in full, as to what the job entails, and the skills that are actually required.

Also, the libraries mentioned (NumPy, SciPy) are popular maths and science libraries; again, not specific to Machine Learning.

Also, that site is a CV compiler site, so they needn't employ much rigour when creating a blog post with the main objective to encourage visits.

(Do you have an affiliation with the site?)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1