11 Replies - 235 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Deckbuilding RPG - Need a programming partner

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:29 AM

Hey! I have a game idea with simple mechanics that needs a programmer.

Think Slay the Spire mechanics with Dead Cells progression.

The game. You have a deck, you draw cards, cards are used for combat. Cards level up. Your deck levels up. Your card draw and usage levels up. For the first tutorial fight of the game you have four cards in your deck, and you have the ability to draw two and play one. Strike. Simple. You hit the main NPC of the game twice, he loses, you level up. Now you can draw two cards. He invites you into his simple tower, to clear out the dungeon. He gives you one starting colored card. Think getting your starter pokemon, it's special, it can upgrade, it needs to be leveled up. Now you have five cards in your deck.

You enter the dungeon, fight monsters with your simple hand, drawing two and playing two. You beat the first level, and you can now draw three cards, and are still able to play two. The player progresses, bit by bit. You enter the dungeon again and again, fighting monsters for XP, and using XP to level up armor, get attack +1 bonuses, every use of your card is measured, which then level up and become more powerful. You can gain card draw for XP, you can gain card usage for XP, you can increase your HP, you can use XP to destroy a card permanently from your deck, heck of course you can use XP to buy a card, or upgrade a card from level 1 to level 2 .. 3 4 5, etc.

The focus is on the snowballing progression, similar to Dead Cells, with battle mechanics playing like a limited Slay the Spire. I have the full idea flushed out, how the scenes will work, what the leveling rates will be, etc. etc. I just need a programmer willing to take on a hobby project that could become big.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Deckbuilding RPG - Need a programming partner

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Deckbuilding RPG - Need a programming partner

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

I can't seem to access the jobs portion of the site? I've tried many times, but it says it, "cant reach this page"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

I moved the post for you.

You may want to flesh out some details.. intended platforms, programming languages, is there a design doc - or plan - already, general time frame, etc.

All that helps cast a wider net for folk to know if they want to join up or not.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

Awesome, you're a gem. Can you link it for me? I don't seem to be able to access the jobs portion of DIC.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

I am not getting what you are asking. This post has been moved. You are posting on it...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

Oh, wow. Okay. I guess the jobs link of the main page is broken. But if it's been moved, that's great. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Ah.. that was a different service. It's the links on the right hand side of 'post a job'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Intended platforms: A PC game designed for Windows.

Programming languages: Use the language of your choice. Unity is free for programmers without a corporation, we could use that.

Design: I have written slides showing the flow of the game. Battle, to reward screen, to map ( choose a room to proceed to), battle, etc etc. It's really simple. If you've played Slay the Spire, it's quite similar in mechanics.

Time frame: It's entirely based on your schedule. I have lots of time to answer questions, and am willing to walk you through the game step by step.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

So.. ah.. what is your involvement in the project? It doesn't sound like you are going to be coding much?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

No, I have limited experience coding, and wouldn't expect to be a programmer. I'm looking for a partner to code. I have a fully established idea for a game, with mechanics, flow, progression, and I'm looking for a programmer who needs an idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

Gotcha.

Good luck! :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +