3 Replies - 283 Views - Last Post: 17 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Google Maps "Banner" Image

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

I'm making a form for someone to create events I want to add the Google Place Autocomplete - initializing that is easy.
Getting the LatLng and address_components/formatted_address; also super easy.

But the one piece of data I want to pull (and don't know where to look) is the "banner" image.
To try and explain, when searching for a movie theatre - When you click on the little marker on the left side under the search box there is an image that most of the time shows, sometimes it is the storefront or not. (Image attached as an example of what I am lost in navigating to for pulling)
Attached Image

That is what I want to hopefully get in the Autocomplete form.

First question (maybe only), do I use the new google.maps.places.Autocomplete().getPlace(); path to get that banner? If not, where should I look?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Google Maps "Banner" Image

#2 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Google Maps "Banner" Image

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:49 PM

Really the only answer for that is to check in Google's documentation. The way to get stuff like that isn't always apparent just by looking at code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

I'm reading the documentation. I have no idea what I am reading, or even if I am reading in the right section.
I see a 'photos' property under the places library, but I can't seem to get out of the hash-links circle to find more detail.

Technically I'm looking for street view, and I found that documentation. Not quite the output I had in mind.

I'm just asking for "point me in the right direction" with this, and I should be able to figure out the rest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 ArtificialSoldier   User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:06 AM

https://developers.g...s#places_photos
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +