1 Replies - 520 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Does it make sense to use ThymeLeaf in a REST/web client?

Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:55 AM

I wonder if there is any use at all to use ThymeLeaf for web pages in a REST client? I see mostly examples of REST combined with web pages and Javascript.

It seems like the whole point with a combined web/REST GUI is to make the backend part of the system smoother, so it does not have any references to web pages. It can then instead have references to the REST URI's. The presentation client layer can be easily changed to something else, like from Angular to React. We will also get an interface without any visual stuff in our backend system and we can call this from other backend apps.

Wouldn't this be impossible if there were Thymeleaf web pages on the backend system? It seems like Thymeleaf would ruin the whole point of a combined web/REST solution.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Does it make sense to use ThymeLeaf in a REST/web client?

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Does it make sense to use ThymeLeaf in a REST/web client?

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

I found out that thymeleaf can not be used for this. I tried to delete the thread, but not possible.

View PostMobileVisuals, on 20 May 2019 - 01:55 AM, said:

I wonder if there is any use at all to use ThymeLeaf for web pages in a REST client? I see mostly examples of REST combined with web pages and Javascript.

It seems like the whole point with a combined web/REST GUI is to make the backend part of the system smoother, so it does not have any references to web pages. It can then instead have references to the REST URI's. The presentation client layer can be easily changed to something else, like from Angular to React. We will also get an interface without any visual stuff in our backend system and we can call this from other backend apps.

Wouldn't this be impossible if there were Thymeleaf web pages on the backend system? It seems like Thymeleaf would ruin the whole point of a combined web/REST solution.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1