3 Replies - 233 Views - Last Post: 28 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wondering if this is possible to build in a web application

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:46 AM

Hi all, my name is Kia and Im a Junior level web developer with some experience with front end web development. HTML and CSS. Im currently talking to a girl who is looking to have a web application built that similar to monday.com where it is basically a workflow management sytem. This web application she would basically be entering in potential jobs, tracking the job progress, adding the prices for each job and logging if the job is complete. She currently does this manually via an Ecel spreadsheet and is wanting to have someithing that is more mobile based so she doesnt have to sit in front of a computer.

My question is, I understand that this may result in me having to use some SQL to build a database, but does anyone know the best way for me to start at this project?

All ideas and feedback are welcome.

THanks so much.

Kia

SN: Ive been active in dreamincode for a few years, I just cnt remember my other log in.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wondering if this is possible to build in a web application

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wondering if this is possible to build in a web application

Posted 26 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

but does anyone know the best way for me to start at this project?

Plan. Plan, and more plan. Write out all the features needed. All the functionality required.. all the components, fonts, colors, images, user interaction points, security needs, etc.

Take that list and cut down to what is minimally viable product needed to get it out the door, and what is gold plating.

After that is all agreed upon with the client then you'll have your roadmap on where to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:50 AM

Aside from the many products that already do this, follow modi's advice and come back if/ when needed.

Barring that, its a rather simple CRUD system which, just taking what you've stated the requirements to be: I would build initially with two views and 4 database tables. If you want to get fancier, use React or Angular and an API backend for scaling to Mobile at some point, but it is essentially just a task list when you boil down the required (stated) functionality.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:43 AM

Remember: Use the right tools for the job. Don't try to go fancy with the latest and greatest front- and back-end frameworks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1