14 Replies - 736 Views - Last Post: 19 June 2019 - 07:39 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Needing script to code windows audio enhancements

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hi

Having trouble finding any information on this one. I'm looking for a script that will not only allow me to change the volume on a particular windows device, but I also need to be able to modify the audio enhancements (Using Windows equalizer)

Option 2 here is what i'm referring to. https://windowsrepor...lizer-software/

Anyways, I need to be able to write a script to modify these specific settings that work best for this particular product we are selling. This will be deployed to hundreds if not thousands of units, so I'd like to make sure it's done to my specifications.

If it can't be done in powershell i'm open to other options.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Needing script to code windows audio enhancements

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Needing script to code windows audio enhancements

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Do you need a script or will you write one? What progress have you made in terms of writing one?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

View Postandrewsw, on 13 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Do you need a script or will you write one? What progress have you made in terms of writing one?

I will write it myself, not looking for someone to do it for me. I'm just looking for some direction to get started. I can't seem to find a language that will accomplish what i'm needing done
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:18 AM

Sounds like this is needed: https://docs.microso...ogramming-guide
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

View Postrleonekc, on 13 June 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Anyways, I need to be able to write a script to modify these specific settings that work best for this particular product we are selling. This will be deployed to hundreds if not thousands of units, so I'd like to make sure it's done to my specifications.

Wait. So you are producing a sound device. Presumably you are also writing the device driver for it. That would mean that your company has the in-house expertise to deal with the device directly. Why do you need to create something to twiddle with the Windows settings?

Is your company simply repackaging/rebranding somebody else's product and so you now need your own bloatsoftware distinguish what you are selling from the original product? If the product you are selling is a "whitebox" product that is meant to be rebranded/repackaged, the producer would have given you the SDK to do any customizations to apply your logos and skin any software
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

We are not producing a sound device.

We are producing a software. It plays sounds as part of it. While playing with windows audio enhancements we have realized that we found some specific settings that work best with it (As far as sound quality goes)

This post has been edited by Skydiver: 13 June 2019 - 11:47 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed unnecessary quote. No need to quote the post above yours.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

Interesting... and if the user already has tuned their audio settings a specific way using either the built-in Windows equalizer, or through their sound card's packaged bloatsoftware, you'll respect the user settings instead of overriding?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 13 June 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

Interesting... and if the user already has tuned their audio settings a specific way using either the built-in Windows equalizer, or through their sound card's packaged bloatsoftware, you'll respect the user settings instead of overriding?

Correct

These are Windows IOT Devices so there's no bloatware. It's a custom built device my company designed so it just uses standard windows audio settings from an IOT image.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Call me uniformed, but does a Windows "IOT" device have enough of a OS gold plating to even have an equalizer? Seems it wouldn't.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

And even if the feature were present, the idea with IoT devices is that you take the Windows image, tweak it the way you want (including trimming away any fat that you don't want or need), and then burn that image unto all the devices that go out. So that means you can set the audio settings that you want on the master image, and that image is used for all the devices that go out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:39 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 13 June 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Call me uniformed, but does a Windows "IOT" device have enough of a OS gold plating to even have an equalizer? Seems it wouldn't.

Normally, yes. But in this particular case all of those settings are on the default image.

View PostSkydiver, on 13 June 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

And even if the feature were present, the idea with IoT devices is that you take the Windows image, tweak it the way you want (including trimming away any fat that you don't want or need), and then burn that image unto all the devices that go out. So that means you can set the audio settings that you want on the master image, and that image is used for all the devices that go out.

Correct....but in this case we would be shipping out units to various clients and they would use their own image (For their own environmental settings). I want to have a script that will be universal that I can provide for them to use after imaging their device. I've continued to do some research on powershell since I posted this....there are ways to control the volume and mute, but doesn't seem to be what i'm looking for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:15 AM

Why apply the changes after the image is made? Why not tell your clients to apply the changes before they make their images?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

View PostSkydiver, on 19 June 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

Why apply the changes after the image is made? Why not tell your clients to apply the changes before they make their images?

To tell several hundred clients to have their IT staff modify their image to meet our recommendations is not preferred...it's easier and more convenient this way
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:28 PM

Yes, but those several hundred clients will be churning out several hundred thousand devices. Do you meant to tell me that now your script has to run on those several hundred thousand IoT devices? And after that script runs once on those devices, then they just sit there and occupy ROM or SDRAM space never to be used again?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:39 PM

Anyway, if the APIs noted above can't get you what you need from within an app, you could go with the brute force approach: on first logon, you simulate mouse clicks and keyboard inputs to emulate what a user would do manually to get to those settings. Think of this as a custom written AutoHotkey script. Obviously, this will be very disconcerting for your end user, but it gets you what you want.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1