3 Replies - 431 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Any Ideas how to extract or port yourself into a live game to spectate

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

So im working on a side project on an attempt to spectate a live game in VR.

I know it can be done via this source _ https://youtu.be/nzVQY22uXPM?t=878 _

If anyone has any idea where to start that would help cause so far my idea was to extract the map and then implement a camera system , but i have no idea how to get the real time playing data.

I use unity for my VR dev, which uses C#.
Any help would be great.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any Ideas how to extract or port yourself into a live game to spectate

#2 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any Ideas how to extract or port yourself into a live game to spectate

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:48 AM

Is this your own game that you have written, or a game written by somebody else and you just happen to be participating in that game?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Skydiver   User is online

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

The reason I ask is because if this a game that you are writing, then it's simply a matter of camera location and direction management. On the other hand, if you are participating in somebody else's game, they will have to open up APIs that let you query the position and state of the other objects within the game. Obviously that API can be abused as a way to suddenly be able to see through walls or lift the fog of war.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 17 June 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

The reason I ask is because if this a game that you are writing, then it's simply a matter of camera location and direction management. On the other hand, if you are participating in somebody else's game, they will have to open up APIs that let you query the position and state of the other objects within the game. Obviously that API can be abused as a way to suddenly be able to see through walls or lift the fog of war.

Yeah this would be other games that i did not create, its made for a a vr spectating system rather than a exploit. But yeah i see what you mean , using the API seems to really be the only way to see where other players are real time, hmmm i suppose the only way to get those APIs is asking the devs of the game ahah which does not sound very eventful in my end.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1