2 Replies - 113 Views - Last Post: 23 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help a noob with developing an application

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:17 AM

I am a complete noob with programming and i want to make an app on android, and IOS later... The thing is that i dont know how i am supposed to attack the idea.

The app is going to be a map where you can see different boxes, it is kind of like geocaching... But i want to have both payment and user loggin plus it is going to interract with an Arduino ESP8266 board... I understand that this is no easy task but it would be really nice to know if there is any type of platform that i can use or a guide to make this exact idea.

I really apreciate it if i get help:)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help a noob with developing an application

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help a noob with developing an application

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

I would suggest picking up a book on android programming, and start walking through it. Build up a base of concepts and understanding.

While doing that pull out some paper and a pen and start getting all the ideas for the app down. The main "goal", the moving parts, how screens may look, how users may interact, what data is shuffled around, what data is stored, features like logins, payments, printing, etc. Get all that down, and order it in what is the minimally needed parts to get the app out of the door and what is gold plating. This should help narrow your idea down to something manageable, and gives you a hard coded reference to keep going forward and checking off milestones.

You also could go the 'Xamarin' route, and that's a wee bit more multi platform scalable.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Help a noob with developing an application

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the help, i will do the research that is needed for me to understand what i want:)
Maybe i will be posting more on this topic and asking more specific questions...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1