7 Replies - 605 Views - Last Post: 10 July 2019 - 04:50 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Developer Participant Help for My CS Doctoral Research

Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

My Fellow Computer Scientist:

I need participants for anonymous interviews.

I am performing a study exploring the strategies software developers need to maintain security requirements during agile development processes. I will need to interview 10 participants. Participants must be developers (i.e., software, web, application, full stack, system, etc.) with at least three years of experience and working in any of the agile development processes (i.e., Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, XP, Mixed, Lean, etc.). All participants will remain anonymous, and the interviews will only last 45 to 60 minutes via Skype.

I would appreciate anyone that can participate, or if you can reach out to any friends that may be willing to participate and meet the criteria, send them my way. I want to start interviewing immediately and will schedule interviews around the participant's schedule.

If you can send this out and let everyone know that I am looking for help ASAP, I would appreciate it.

Email me at Email me

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Developer Participant Help for My CS Doctoral Research

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Developer Participant Help for My CS Doctoral Research

Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:36 AM

eh
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:45 AM

An hour on skype.. *whistle* That's some time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:35 AM

Why not simply look at DevSecOps and call it a day? Or is the point of this study to see how many people have actually shifted over to DevSecOps instead of just DevOps?

In my company, we currently don't do DevOps or DevSecOps despite corporate leadership's delusion that we are doing it. Right off the bat, we don't have continuous delivery. So that's one aspect of DevOps that's already out of the window. (This kind of interesting considering the company decided that all the Agile "guardrails" should actually be treated as required -- no cherry picking allowed. Why is it now choosing to not implement all aspects of DevOps as well like continuous delivery, or developers having access to production machines, etc. Hmmm... Agile and DevOps only to boost VPs reviews and give him a bonus, I think.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:11 AM

Moving to Software Development instead of Computer Science (even though the OP is doing this research for their CS degree)...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 09 July 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

An hour on skype.. *whistle* That's some time.

Yeah, I know, but that is required for research interviews by the university. I told them that it is going to be hard to get developers to sit for interviews. However, I need participants bad and I only need 10. I have already interviewed 2 participants, so I only need 8 more at this point.

Can you do an interview? If so, can you email me at the link in my post? That would be great, assuming you meet the criteria.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

View PostSkydiver, on 09 July 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

...In my company, we currently don't do DevOps or DevSecOps despite corporate leadership's delusion that we are doing it. Right off the bat, we don't have continuous delivery. So that's one aspect of DevOps that's already out of the window. (This kind of interesting considering the company decided that all the Agile "guardrails" should actually be treated as required -- no cherry picking allowed. Why is it now choosing to not implement all aspects of DevOps as well like continuous delivery, or developers having access to production machines, etc. Hmmm... Agile and DevOps only to boost VPs reviews and give him a bonus, I think.)

Hey Skydiver,

I agree with you, but the second paragraph of your reply is why I did not go with DevSecOps because not all organizations have that organization, and some use an ad-hoc approach.

I would love for you to participate if you can because it sounds like you have the experience I am looking for in a good participant. If you would like to participate and help me out, please email me at the link in my post. I would really appreciate your participation.

View PostSkydiver, on 09 July 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Moving to Software Development instead of Computer Science (even though the OP is doing this research for their CS degree)...

Thanks SkyDiver. I was unsure if it would go in the more general computer science forum or more specific software development forum. I appreciate your help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:50 AM

because not all organizations have that organization, and some use an ad-hoc approach.

Companies use ad-hoc approaches to everything anyway, I think I know of two companies that actually follow true agile, everyone else is agile-but.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1