1 Replies - 158 Views - Last Post: 23 July 2019 - 05:13 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VOLUNTEER - 2D Artist - Off Site

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

Hello there! My name is Peter, and I'm currently working on a 2D side-scrolling platfomer in Unity.

About the project
The game i'm working on is called "The Mechanist", and it's a 2D side-scrolling platformer/puzzle solving game. The goal of the game is for the player to get past different types of enemies that The Mechanist have sent after you. But, the player can't kill any of the hostiles, instead you have to trap them, and eventually reach The Mechanist. Which you then have to trap.

Your responsibilities
Your responsibilities as the 2D artist will be as follows:
  • Create 2D tile sprites, with the correct perspective
  • Create character sprites, and potentially create animation frames (Read the "Animations" section for more info)
  • Create UI sprites, that will be used for creating menus in-game

Animation
The character animations can be created in two different ways:
  • Frame By Frame
  • Skeletal

It's your choice as the artist whether we go with Frame By Frame, or Skeletal. If we go with Frame By Frame, you'll be responsible for animating the characters by creating multiple sprites of a single character, with each sprite containing a single "frame" of the animation.
If we go with Skeletal animation, I'll be responsible for creating the animations in Unity. The only thing you would have to do is separate the individual body parts of a character into different layers (such as in Photoshop or GIMP).

However, this can be discussed later.

About me
My name is Peter, and i'm creating this game under the name "Highborn Game studios". I'm the Lead Developer of this project.
I'm 20 years old, and have been making games for about 8 years, although i have never published a game before. This will be my first published game.

Contact
If you're interested in working on this project, send your portfolio, or some previous work of yours, to: [email protected]

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VOLUNTEER - 2D Artist - Off Site

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VOLUNTEER - 2D Artist - Off Site

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:13 AM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1