Making label have precedence over other objects.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

17 Replies - 646 Views - Last Post: 26 July 2019 - 03:38 AM Rate Topic: -----

#16 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making label have precedence over other objects.

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

1 - clarification why I am going off the 'show folk are you doing thread'. Sometimes a screen shot helps, sometimes it doesn't. In this case it didn't.

2 - Your initial description was inadequate. I am not there, looking over your shoulder, as you develop. In most cases labels do not "bump" into each other unless something extra is happening. Placing them on a GUI pan pretty much sets them in their X and Y coordinates.

3 - Yes, I believe a few times now a quick search of the docs would expand the horizons of what you are doing and help.

.. but cool. I'll bounce out of your threads from here on out. Good luck! :^:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

iirc you're using a null layout are you not, with setBounds? If so, that's a recipe for all sorts of nasty gui problems
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:38 AM

I may be misunderstanding the problem somewhat, but why dont you just make the panel the color you want it to be and then make the labels background transparent (I believe it is by default)?
-------
For Layered stuff, this may be helpful, not sure as I've never overlayed things in java (yet): https://docs.oracle....ayeredpane.html
-------
What does setting bounds to the JFrame do and what do you expect it to do? (legit curious)
The way youre laying out the UI with the bounds in the initializer, what will happen when you resize the Frame? (don't forget to add code to deal with that)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +