5 Replies - 391 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Create a form which results in specific data being displayed

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:34 AM

Hi

Just after some advice. I would like to build a very simple form, which would consist of just one field (date of birth), upon when clicking enter would display predefined data on which vaccinations a child should have.

For example, I enter 01/01/2019, click 'enter' and the result would tell me that the child should be receiving the tetanus, hep B vaccinations (list in either bullet points or table format alongside the number of injections).

I am not too sure of a) the type of form this is called or b ) whether this is some simplet coding which I could present in a table style.

Something like this - https://www.vacsched...er.org/#!/start or https://www2a.cdc.go...ines/childquiz/

Any help on this would be great.

Many thanks
Sara

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Create a form which results in specific data being displayed

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Create a form which results in specific data being displayed

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Do you plan on adding more information, dynamic links, etc and would need to store it in a database?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 28 August 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

Do you plan on adding more information, dynamic links, etc and would need to store it in a database?

I think keep it simple for now, but the data for each age (e.g. year / month) would need to be pulled out of Table 11.1 in https://assets.publi..._chapter_11.pdf into either a table or database so the online 'form' could grab the needed data for the user based on age.

We would initially require a field to enter the child's date of birth to result in the following: what vaccination(s) the child should be receiving (e.g. I enter 01/01/2019, click 'enter' and the result would tell me that the child should be receiving the tetanus, hep B vaccinations (list in either bullet points or table format alongside the number of injections).

Perhaps further down the line this could evolve to add 2 additional drop down fields for 1) if the child has an exisiting medical condition (from a predetermined list) and 2) if the child is at risk (again, from a predetermined list).

If you need any more clarity, please do ask. I am new to coding, so am not sure of my terminology :)/>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:50 AM

Fair enough. You would want to store your data in a database table.

Your form would use the HTML 'input form' tags to trigger a call to a sever side language like php, asp.net, ruby, python, etc. using the date, and pull the data back to be displayed.

Yeah, a simpleish form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 28 August 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

Fair enough. You would want to store your data in a database table.

Your form would use the HTML 'input form' tags to trigger a call to a sever side language like php, asp.net, ruby, python, etc. using the date, and pull the data back to be displayed.

Yeah, a simpleish form.

Thanks for this, much appreciated. I hinestly have no idea how to do this, but will speak with our IT person :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

yeah IT will probably not know what you are talking about-- you will need to go to a software developer (IT is usually hardware and servers)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1