3 Replies - 601 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Set password for win7 and printer in LAN but printer sharing password

Posted 29 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

I login win7 with the "administrator" account and password: xxx, my computer is the server to share the printer to other computers on the LAN, if I change the password of the "Administrator" account then the computer Other computers on the LAN will not print. If I create a "PrinterShare" account and a yyy password to share the printer, when I log in to win7, there will be 2 accounts: "administrator" and "PrinterShare", I don't want to share the printer account when I log in appears, how do I do it ? or I use an "administrator" account that still shares the printer, but I am allowed to change the password as long as the computers on the LAN do not know my password when sharing the printer.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Set password for win7 and printer in LAN but printer sharing password

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Set password for win7 and printer in LAN but printer sharing password

Posted 03 September 2019 - 01:40 PM

Why dont you create a group? Everyone who join the group can print, doesnt matter if computer who is connected to printer changes any password, because group password matters. Im fixing this stupid things in banks, where everything are connected "somehow", so i know its tricky, but since this kind of share got many bugs and problems, Microsoft are removing group option from OS, so its better to simply connect printer to the router, so everyone who are connected to the router can use printer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

If I want to share the printer with multiple users but I don't share the password, what should I do ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

THe last option - "without home group".
https://www.howtogee...with-homegroup/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +